Esim support

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Esim support

Hi

i am wondering if Fido is supporting esim on iPhone xs. If not when it will be possible for them to support. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Esim support

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

***Update*** eSIMs are available in all retail stores except Best Buy.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 119
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

I need  to swap my SIM for eSIM, as I got a new Iphone Xr and there is no stores open nearby, the closest one is 80Km away.

Is it possible to get it solved online?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 111 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @jrnicoleti

I'll send you a PM to look into this Smiley

We'll chat soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 112 of 119
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi, does Fido support esim for Pixel 3 ?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 113 of 119
Highlighted

Hello @nomadmtl,

We currently don't have eSim support for the Google Pixel 3. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 114 of 119
Highlighted

Why ? Other carriers does support esim on Pixel 3 thought.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 115 of 119
Highlighted

Hello Community Smiley I was going over this thread and thought it would be good to give a quick update on  the swap of a E Sim with Fido.

The eSim cards are one-time use and cannot be transferred to another device if the customer chooses to change their mobile device.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 116 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @nomadmtl

We support eSIM for the Google Pixel 3a and the 3a XL, but not for the Pixel 3.

Hope it helps! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 117 of 119
Highlighted

Hi @FidoJulien ,

Thank you for the reply.

Problem is why Fido doesn't support it ? Pixel 3 haves an eid and therefore is esim enable. Also, Pixel 3a is a medium model vs Pixel 3 a premium one.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 118 of 119
Highlighted

Hey @nomadmtl!

Both phones should support the eSIM, the difference is that the 3a offers dual-SIM support (to have 2 active SIMs, on 2 networks, with 2 unique numbers) whereas the Pixel 3 does not. 

You can get a eSIM from us and activate it on your Pixel 3 however if you are someone who travels and uses a local SIM we do advise against it as once you deactivate the eSIM you'll have to buy a new one in order to activate a new eSIM. It won't be as simple as swapping the physical SIM.

If you'd like to go ahead and do this, then please contact us and we can ship you an eSIM. To activate it, you need to be sure your phone is on Android 10 and you can activate it via your phone settings.

I hope that info helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 119 of 119