Esim support

I'm a Contributor Level 1 livefaisal
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Esim support

Hi

i am wondering if Fido is supporting esim on iPhone xs. If not when it will be possible for them to support. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Esim support

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 88
I'm a Participant Level 1 robotbatman
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any news if Fido will also support eSim on the Pixel 3? It seems more OEM's will be supporting the tech but there doesnt seem to be a lot of updates from the carrier side. 

Watches with eSIM Compatibility

• Huawei Watch 2 Pro
  • Apple Watch Series 3
  • Apple Watch Series 4
  • Samsung Gear S2
  • Samsung Gear S3

Phones with eSIM Compatibility

• Google Pixel 2
  • Google Pixel 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 88

Hey @robotbatman!

No news as of yet. Keep an eye on Fido.ca for any updates. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 88
I'm a Contributor Level 1 globalstar66
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Fido is one of the WORST Cellular companies on the planet!!! Always a year behind everyone else, and everyone gets a different "deal".... Been with Fodo for 8 years with 5 lines, and not ONE line has the same deal. And my brother gets a 5gb data with Canada wide unlimited deal on his SINGLE line, and been a customer for 2 years on BYOD. I call Fido, and get told that SAME package will cost me $60. How is that possible..... Wake up Fido - one morning you won't have ANY customers left. Get Esim for Apple watch and Iphone, or I will also take MY 5 lines elsewhere, like many many others.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 88
Solution

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 88
I'm a Participant Level 3 drycold
I'm a Participant Level 3

I called the Guildford store yesterday and they said they cannot activate e-sim. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 88

Hey @drycold,

Can you please confirm if you've reached them at 604-951-9399? We'll look into it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 88

I called ‭(604) 585-7390‬

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 88

Thanks for the update,

We've confirmed that the number you've used is correct. That store should be able to provide you with assistance with the activation on an eSIM. Can you please clarify what service and handset you wanted to activate?

Keep in mind that some conditions apply for eSIM activations:

1. At this time, eSIM is only available through No Tab / Bring Your Own Device plans.
  2. We currently only support the iPhone Xs, Xs Max and Xr.

Let us know so we can follow up.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 88

The guy I talked to had no idea about e-sim availability and went through his communications from head office and didn't see anything about it.  Said it wasn't possible at that store at this time.

I have an iPhone Xr.

Shawn

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 88

Oh, and it's my own unlocked iPhone device bought from the Apple store....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 88

Thanks for getting back at us with the info, @drycold!

We'll look into it and get back to you on this!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 88

Hey @drycold 

We were able to confirm with the store in question that they can now activate the eSIM portion of your iPhone.

If you wish to confirm, you can simply give them a call to double check, but you should have no trouble performing the transaction there now.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 88
Highlighted

Frustrated!!!! I just called that store and they say their managers told them they are ONLY supposed to activate e-sim on NEW ACTIVATIONS, not existing customers!!! What gives??!!?  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 88

Hey @drycold!

We double checked all the information and a SIM swap for eSIM can be done on any line (whether it's on agreement or not). For new activations, it must be a on no-term.

We suggest getting in touch with the store again, they should be able to do it for you Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 88

Went to the store today. They still maintain their area manager says they can’t activate e sim except on new activations. 

Please look into into this ASAP!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 88