Esim support

I'm a Contributor Level 1 livefaisal
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Esim support

Hi

i am wondering if Fido is supporting esim on iPhone xs. If not when it will be possible for them to support. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Esim support

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 100
I'm a Contributor Level 1 user456912

Different question - would esim support also work for androids such as Pixel 2's and 3's?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 100

Hey everyone!

At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for your Fido line and the eSIM can be used for another plan with another carrier. This way you can use the dual-SIM functionality of the phone Smiley

If there are any updates, we'll keep everyone posted.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 100
I'm a Contributor Level 1 globalstar66

Well that just sucks!! Completely defeats the object of an esim.....go figure Rogers/Fido doing this to us....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 100
I'm a Participant Level 1 Nic5
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fully agree.

You guys are far behind competition in adaptation of the esim . The suggestion to use standard SIM card from Fido and go looking the  esim from someone else is useless and ridiculous.

I need the inverse. Use SIM card from work + esim from Fido.

You are just pushing existing customers to transfer their lines to those who offer it (Virgin and Bell). You will lose us guys.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 100
Highlighted

We should just all vote with our feet and go to Bell. Apple announces Fido now has ESim with the release of IOS12.1.1 but NOBODY at Fido knows they now support ESim.... How great is a company that has NO clue what's going on with it's services.... Clueless doesn't begin to describe Rogers/Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 100
I'm a Participant Level 1 robotbatman
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any news if Fido will also support eSim on the Pixel 3? It seems more OEM's will be supporting the tech but there doesnt seem to be a lot of updates from the carrier side. 

Watches with eSIM Compatibility

• Huawei Watch 2 Pro
  • Apple Watch Series 3
  • Apple Watch Series 4
  • Samsung Gear S2
  • Samsung Gear S3

Phones with eSIM Compatibility

• Google Pixel 2
  • Google Pixel 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 100

Hey @robotbatman!

No news as of yet. Keep an eye on Fido.ca for any updates. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 100

Fido is one of the WORST Cellular companies on the planet!!! Always a year behind everyone else, and everyone gets a different "deal".... Been with Fodo for 8 years with 5 lines, and not ONE line has the same deal. And my brother gets a 5gb data with Canada wide unlimited deal on his SINGLE line, and been a customer for 2 years on BYOD. I call Fido, and get told that SAME package will cost me $60. How is that possible..... Wake up Fido - one morning you won't have ANY customers left. Get Esim for Apple watch and Iphone, or I will also take MY 5 lines elsewhere, like many many others.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 100
Solution

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, Xs Max, Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL! 

The activation of the eSIM on these devices must be done in a corporate Fido store. Our customer care can also activate, as long as it's for a BYOP line. 

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

One last thing to note is that the iPhone on which you're trying to activate the eSIM must have an Internet connection, either through WiFi or through the primary SIM. The connection is used to download the SIM profile to the eSIM.

We hope this helps! 

***Update*** As of 06/06/2019 you can now activate an eSIM with an iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max on a 2 year term. 

***Update*** As of 10/17/2019 eSIM can be activated in any Fido Corporate store. Check out our store locator to find the nearest one. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 100
I'm a Participant Level 3 drycold
I'm a Participant Level 3

I called the Guildford store yesterday and they said they cannot activate e-sim. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 100