cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email setup on the Fido blackberry curve 8520

DarkKnight
I'm a participant level 3

How do I set up the blackberry curve 8520 to use my data plan and get my email working?

I know I have internet on it as I have opened the browser and went to a few web sites.

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

DarkKnight
Ok, maybe I should update that to say that it is not allowing me to do that. Before it comes up with a retry / cancel option I can just read email as 1 of the words in the error message. If it helps any... My brother was helping me to set it up the 1st time before we had the data plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok post the entire error message.  I also suggest you call Fido's Customer Service, and try to get them to help you as well,  myself as a volunteer member on here whos not affiliated with fido can only help you so much, the experts at fido can help you with maybe other options I can not.

DarkKnight

Ok, thanks for your help with what you could.

I talked to customer service and then tech suport and they helped me.

Some thng you may or may not know about...

Web address (I used my desktop computer) http://fido.blackberry.com and typed this in. The tech person had to set it up, but it might be possable to just go straight there and set up a new account. At any rate this is the blackberry 1 and dif phones have dif web address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there DarKnight,

I would have loved to recommend the fido.blackberry.com portal, but after analyzing your question, I did not recommend it because to put a new e-mail address to your blackberry for the first time, you must do it on the Handset only to create a blackbery login.  Once your account on the Blackberry site is created, you can THEN log in from the fido.blackberry.com account.   If you notice, there is no where on the web browser page to create a new account, it only works from your handset.

DarkKnight

Double post. Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

under setup just click the email settings icon and follow the instructions