I'm a Participant Level 2 RazorbladeUSMC
I'm a Participant Level 2

ESim support

How do I use the eSim on my iPhone?

Accepted Solution

Re: ESim support

Hey @RazorbladeUSMC

Welcome to the Community. 

We do not currently support this service. At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for your Fido line and the eSIM can be used for another plan with another carrier.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Solution

Hey @RazorbladeUSMC

Welcome to the Community. 

We do not currently support this service. At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for your Fido line and the eSIM can be used for another plan with another carrier.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
I'm a Contributor Level 1 globalstar66
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Don't hold your breath.... After Esim for iphone was launched 7 months ago, Fido still has NOTHING, and they will not give customers ANY idea of their plans. 

I will be moving all 5 my lines to Bell come July. Fido/Rogers make too much money from roaming fees to ever allow Esim. Greedy network - and doesn't care about their customers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5

We understand that the ESIM is an attractive option to have @globalstar66

We'd hate to see you go because of this and definitely appreciate your feedback.

At this time, this is not something we offer, however, we do have many perks that come with our service. You can check them out here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
I'm a Contributor Level 1 globalstar66
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Unfortunately, we're not interested in things like 5 free hours of data a month, and some kind of deal on a Thursday.... We want MOBILE PHONE related services from a Mobile Phone provider. I (and I'm sure thousands of others) went and bought a brand new $2000 iPhone XS Max to get ESIM (as the ONLY thing the XS or XS MAX has that my almost new X didn't, was ESIM). Also bought a new Match series 4 with cellular, AGAIN for ESIM, and $2700 down the drain as Fido is fast asleep as a mobile company. All the great mobile providers on the forefront of technology, HAVE it...

And THAT is why I am leaving - so at least I can use my XS MAX and Watch series 4 for what it was designed to do.

You should send every single customer of yours a satisfaction survey, and then specifically "poll" your customers on things like new technology and ESIM etc etc, and you will be shocked at the result. You have far more unhappy customers than happy ones when it comes to the services you offer, and the pricing you give to SOME special customers.

Your only happy customers are the ones getting the CRAZY deals you offer to very, very, very select customers. The rest don't matter to you. I spend just over $300 per month with Fido, and when I call to get the SAME deals everyone on Redflagdeals are getting, I get told those deals do NOT exist, and that people posting about it on RFD must be lying. THAT is how stupid you THINK your customers are.......

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5