Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not get any fido faves - they do not honour warranty

Professorbondo
I'm a contributor level 1

So, here's my issues so far

After numerous attempts at resetting, trying different apps, having customer support reset the network, etc I finally decided I wanted to send the phone for repair expecting fido honour their advertised 2 year warranty.

Nov 23 Agent Agent tried to reset network etc. 1 hour call.
Problems still not fixed.
He was nice.

Nov 25th took phone to store. No loaners. Would call when had one.  Didn't call back. Got new sim

Called fido to verify warranty, asked if possible to do RMA over phone.  No.

Dec 3rd took phone in to store again.  Rude, arrogant, dismissive. Said wasn't in warranty. Wouldn't do anything.

Called fido. Spent 2 hours with tech and supervisors. Verified again that I have 2 year warranty.
Said they could do RMA over phone.  Couldn't
Sent to technical support again. Back to supervisor again.
Was told I would receive a personal call back by Friday December 6th at the latest
No call.

December 6, called fido again after no call back.

Agent outright lies to me.
Was told fido does not honour the warranty and I have to deal with lg. Some other bull.. demanded escalation. Was told I'd get a call back within 24 - 48 hours. 

Called LG Lg states phone has 1 year warranty

Lg refence
Cnn191206386778
Cnn191206386995

Called fido to tell them I called LG. Agent was nice.

Will be posting to XDA, Reddit, twitter, FB, CCTS, and wherever else until fido honours their advertised warranty.

And at this point I expect more for the absolute waste of my time and deceptive practices employed

6 REPLIES 6

Professorbondo

Have been given satisfactory resolution

Hey @Professorbondo! We're thrilled to hear this was resolved for you. Smiley

We've had to edit your post a bit to ensure it respected our community guidelines and terms of use. You can view those here and here.

We're sad to read that our service was not to your expectations at some points. We do strive to always provide that, whatever the situation.

If you can, please detail how this was resolved for you, as this helps the community.

Thanks!

Professorbondo

Sure. I had to contact CCTS, post on Reddit, post on here, visit a store numerous times, call fido time after time until I finally drew enough attention and the office of the president offered.to simply swap my device.  Doesn't resolve the issue that fido doesn't honour the warranty, but it resolved my personal experience dealing with the non honouring of the advertised warranty

Hey @Professorbondo! We're happy that a solution was eventually found for you. Smiley

If you would like us to take a further look at this aspect for you, we'll be thrilled to do so. Just advise us and we'll send you a PM.

Thanks for the update!

Professorbondo

Sure. I'm really not happy about what I needed to do to get this resolved. Maybe a dozen people I had to speak with. Several calls. Several trips.

I've been with Fido for 3 years. Had my internet with them when I lived in an area that had it.  I'm 99% sure that this has made me want to leave fido the moment my contract is up.

I feel sorry for anyone else who bought the G7 One who will inevitably have the same issues with warranty repair.

I'm getting a pre owned phone as replacement and a paltry credit. This is not satisfactory, but i felt like I was boxing Mike Tyson. I can only get punched so many times before I bow out.

I have all the evidence one could possibly need to prove my case....

CCTS is still on this though.

Hello @Professorbondo

Let’s take a look at your account together to make sure everything is resolved here.

I’m sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.