cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint - Lost device pending request

DS1991
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, I had purchased iphone xs max 256 gb from fido with bright star device protection plan.I lost my device and filed a service request on 31st of jan 2019. It has been more than a month and I have been without my phone since that time. They are keep rejecting my utility bill,as it is not on my name.I am renting the place and has submitted rent agreement as proof of address and utility bill of my landlord.All documents have same address to check but they are asking my own utility bill with my name.My rent agreement and bill has same address. They are delaying the case since very long and it is being very inconvenient for me.They asked for work permit,I have also submitted that.Also i have escalated this issue so many times to them but they replied very rudely and with unsatisfied service.What about the people who do not own their own house and rent one like me?What if people do not have their name on utility bill?I went to one of nearby store and they only asked me to submit rent agreement with service request form.I explained them about the situation and they agreed with me to accept the same document. Than why these bright star people are being so unfair?Why am I paying for insurance if they are not willing to help?I am very disappointed because of this.In addition, I only have 10 days left in total 60 days of service request. Need help asap.

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @DS1991. This definitely doesn't sound like a good experience at all.

We are sorry to learn you lost your phone, that can't be easy for anyone.

Brighstar may require certain documentations for your phone replacement. The process is necessary so you can have your new phone as soon as possible.

Did they tell you the reason why it's taking that time to get this resolved?