cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Display

mm
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Fido has "Call Display with Name Display" that seems to be basically a caller id - it shows the caller's name and number even if they aren't in your phone book.  Is there some option with Fido that just shows the names and numbers in your phone book?  I don't want to pay the $7 a month for the advanced option and I just want the name of the people I know to show.  Currently, everyone shows up as "unknown".    I used to have this option with an old package I had and now it seems to have disappeared.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

LGV
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Does the name and number both show up when someone calls that isn't in your contact list these days? It certainly should.. December 2020.

Hello LGV,

I replied to your other post here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there mm,

It's either subscribe to Caller ID (with name display) and the numbers of all callers will show up
or
Don't Subscribe to Caller ID and you will NOT be able to see any numbers of any callers.

If there was a way to get them without paying, I'm sure some of the millions of customers would already have figured this out by now, but there unfortunately isn't so if you want it, you must pay.

Just a little info on how Caller ID works. The Phone Network Central Database contains a parameter for Caller ID. When you PAY for this feature, or have it included with one of your plans, it enables the feature on your account. When someone calls you, the number gets transmitted through the phone network, and your phone will interpret it. It will show the number and name, or will have what ever name you have programmed into your phone directory.

When you don't subscribe to this, the number is NOT sent to your phone, therefor, it will NOT show any number, it has no way of knowing whos calling, its impossible, even if you have the numbers programmed in your phone book, the phone still has no way to link it to the caller.

Hope This Helps,

Be sure to click Likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as a Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

Hello everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it .

Great news Currently all in market plans include :

mini voice mail : Service includes up to 3 messages, each 3 minutes in length that can be saved up to 3 days.

number ID : Compatible phone required; not all numbers can be identified.

So if you have some contacts saved you will see there name & number, if the person calling you is not in your contacts you will see the number only.

Hope this helps !