cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken replacement phone, don't give any money to Brightstar

Kevinvc
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Am I the only person who is intensively frustrated by the two cents insurance company Brightstar?

My initial phone, a Pixel, had the back screen broken, which damaged the camera and the fingerprint sensor. Other than that the phone was working correctly. Nonetheless, I used my device protection to get a new phone, and now, a month later I'm waiting for the third replacement as the first two were defects.

I have been patient so far, but like most living human beings, I have other things to do thab file replacement requests and run to the post office because the insurance company can't send me a working phone for which I have already spent near 300$ in insurance fees overtime...so much for insurance, I should have voided that from the beginning and order a Pixel online after I broke my initial cellphone.

I'm sorry FIDO, but I'm out, I got other things to do than to run after an insurance company. This has cost me a lot of time and money (which I will never be compensated for from FIDO or Brightstar) in colateral since I work away from home and I had to come back in every occurence to switch phones. At this point might as well manage my own insurance and phone coverage, which is exactly what I'm going do with PM.

1 REPLY 1

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Kevinvc!

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I have to say, this is not the kind of experience we wish to provide with the Device Protection. We definitely don't want to see you leave! I understand your frustration, rest assured that we're here to help Smiley 

I'll send you a PM and we'll go over your options together. Talk to you soon!