Brightstar is a Scam

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 SamGhazi
I'm a Participant Level 1

Brightstar is a Scam

I was sold a brightstar device protection warranty through Fido. My camera was cracked and had to pay a 100$ to get it fixed.

When I got my phone back,  weeks later I dipped a supposedly a water resistant (up to 1.5 m and can swim up to 30 min in fresh water) in a 50cm fresh water for less than 5 sec and it broke down.

I contacted Samsung warranty and they said that it is Brightstar's fault becasue after they repair a device, they do not test it for water resistance, so I went forward and contacted Brightstar to explain my case. Their response was they do not guarantee that the device you recieve back after repair will be water resistant. 

So Why not tell users about that ?? you think thats a minor detail !!!! It is not stated in the contract as well. 

Fido should not be affiliated with this entity. As a commodity that relies heavily on brand equity, Brightstar will drag you down and before you know it you'll start losing your customers. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 80
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1 LannyV
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Re: Brightstar is a Scam

They keep telling me I need to prove my address when I have already sent in numerous documents proving my address. I have a business in Alberta and a house in BC so I have two addresses. My truck is in my company name so the registration and Insurance only has my company name on them. I got my insurance pink card changed to have my name on it and sent it in. I have now sent in a Fido bill with the address on it. This has been going on since Dec 13 2019. I need this phone for work.I am done with these guys as soon as this gets sorted out!! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 80
Highlighted

I replied but don't see my reply??

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 80
Highlighted

I replied but don't see my reply???

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 80
Highlighted

I hear you @LannyV, we'll send you a PM to sort this out. Talk to you in a bit. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 80
Highlighted

I did what you said, what now?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 75 of 80
Highlighted

Hi @LannyV

We haven't received any response to our PM to you. Can you please respond us there so we can check this out with you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 76 of 80
Highlighted

How do I respond to a PM???

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 77 of 80
Highlighted

Hey @LannyV,

You would need to click on your profile picture at the top right and then on the envelope icon which will bring you to your private messages.

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 78 of 80
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 KB-24
I'm a Participant Level 2

Brightstar is a scam, I don't understand why Fido would choose this company for their device protection. I filed a service request months ago because my phone broke and I need a new one, and was told to upload documents that I didn't have because I am a student and don't have utility bills, car payments etc

So they told me to upload my official transcript and student card instead. My official transcript got rejected with no explanation. On 4 different occasions I uploaded documents that they asked for just to get denied, and then my service request was closed and they have refused to reopen it stating "company policy".

Why am I paying for device protection just to get frauded in this way? The funny thing is on the phone one of the Brightstar representatives told me they ask for so much documentation because the company is often victims of fraud, and they turn around and try to deny me the device protection I've been paying for all these months and I feel like I'm getting scammed.

I don't even want to deal with them anymore and would rather get refunded on the monthly payments I've been making for the device protection and start a line with a different cellphone company. I've been a Fido customer over 8 years, and the hoops I've had to jump through these past few months + lack of accountability is ridiculous and unacceptable...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 79 of 80
Highlighted

Hey @KB-24

That's not the kind of experience we want for you, we appreciate your feedback. 

Sorry to hear the claim was denied, did you try escalating this with Brightstar directly? I understand that the situation has been frustrating to deal with but I assure you they are there to help. Have you tried opening a new claim? 

Let us know what's going on and we'll see how we can help!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 80 of 80