BlackBerry Storm2 on Fido

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

BlackBerry Storm2 on Fido

I am an Iphone user, and for a change I like to experience BlackBerry (Storm2 9550) so I switched phones! Calling, Text Messaging and Wi-Fi works well but when I use internet through my Data PLan, I cannot connect to internet. even BlackBerry messenger does not work. Can somebody help or tell me why?....thanks

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: BlackBerry Storm2 on Fido

@Paolo wrote:
You have a standard data plan when you are using the iPhone. This is ok if you use ANY Device EXCEPT BLACKBERRY.

When you use a Blackberry device, you NEED to ensure you have a data plan that is a BlackBerry Data plan. Rest Assured, your BlackBerry Data plan will also be compatible with the iPhone and other non-blackberry phones, but gives you the special access to the blackberry server that is required for ALL blackberries to operate on the Fido Network.

Be sure to click likes for those who have helped you!
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s).

What Paola is saying here is right on the money. If you just call Fido and tell them that you are using a Blackberry they will just switch you over to a Blackberry data plan. And then you will have an all access pass to Blackberry exclusives like BBM! Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
I'm an Expert Level 2
I'm an Expert Level 2

You have a standard data plan when you are using the iPhone. This is ok if you use ANY Device EXCEPT BLACKBERRY.

When you use a Blackberry device, you NEED to ensure you have a data plan that is a BlackBerry Data plan. Rest Assured, your BlackBerry Data plan will also be compatible with the iPhone and other non-blackberry phones, but gives you the special access to the blackberry server that is required for ALL blackberries to operate on the Fido Network.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1
Solution

@Paolo wrote:

What Paola is saying here is right on the money. If you just call Fido and tell them that you are using a Blackberry they will just switch you over to a Blackberry data plan. And then you will have an all access pass to Blackberry exclusives like BBM! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Thanks for the comments guys....I will call fido and let them know that I am now using BB.....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4