cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barring password for fido?

Joey
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, I would be much appriciated if anyone can tell me what is the barring password being used by the fido network. I need that password to activate the barring function on my Nokia 5300 to block scam calls! I have been receiving alot of those lately, but fido customer services say they cannot help me to block these numbers so I would appriciated if anyone here can help me.

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

12 REPLIES 12

FidoJohn
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Joey,

Welcome to the Fido technical community,

The call barring functionality does not work on the Fido network. It is not just your Nokia 5300. It's all the fido cellular phones that have this feature blocked.

This feature is disabled on the Fido network.

The default security password on youe Nokia 5300 is 12345.

I hope this helps,

Jubin
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Can I have the password for Galaxy Note 4 please?

@Jubin wrote:
Can I have the password for Galaxy Note 4 please?

Hello Jubin,

Welcome to the community!

While call barring might not be supported, many newer phones allow calls to be blocked or rejected. Try Call Settings --> Call rejection. You can automatically reject all calls or only the ones on a Reject list. The numbers you place in the Auto Reject list will not ring on the phone. Rather, they will silently ring through and get sent to voicemail. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent them from leaving voicemail using this method.

There are some apps available that block calls and prevent voicemail from being left. Those apps answer the calls and almost simultaneously hang-up, preventing the calls from being sent to voicemail. However, you should note that those calls will be considered as answered and will count as airtime (and possibly long distance if you are outside of your incoming local call area).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Joey

No I don't think this is useful then because I cannot block spam calls to my phone! I have been receiving all these spam calls lately and fido CSR says they can't do nothing but to help me to change the number? I don't want to have my numbers to change because of that!

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Blackberry's have the ability to filter out spam sms....

therefore...try your sim in an unlocked phone which has this call barring feature and see if it works...

let us know Smiley

Joey

Why would I want to buy a new blackberry just for that reason? I think this is more the service provider's responsibility to provide a safe environment for their users!

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jubin

We don't currently offer the service for call barring on our end and would therefore not have this code available. Can you clarify which calls you were trying to block?

If you are trying to avoid certain marketing calls it would be a good idea to check out the National Do Not Call List included in the link from FidoCristina 's reply above. Smiley 

ki_lime

If incoming call barring password is not available. 

What if any is the password for outgoing call barring?

thanks

@FidoPierre wrote:

Hey @Jubin

We don't currently offer the service for call barring on our end and would therefore not have this code available. Can you clarify which calls you were trying to block?

If you are trying to avoid certain marketing calls it would be a good idea to check out the National Do Not Call List included in the link from FidoCristina 's reply above. Smiley 

Hey @ki_lime

Let us know if you still need help with this.

Hey @ki_lime, thanks for reaching out Smiley

I'm not sure to understand your question there.

You are looking for a password for call barring? Is that it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although I agree with what you think the service providers responsibility should include, that's not the case. Canada post won't block my spam junk mails, Bell Canada won't block my spam calls, fido wont block spam calls either. now if one company stood out and started doing such, others will be more inclined to follow along. I do encourage people to write letters to the companies explaining to them what their needs are, the more people do this, the more we get our point across.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it  Smiley

Spam call barring is not something really possible, Fido cannot know which call is wanted or not, spam or not. Yet there is the National Do Not Call List that was set up with such a filter and it is official. I have 3 numbers registered and have barely a spam call per year.

Hope it helps!

Cheers