Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRIGHTSTAR is a fraud , do not buy it !

Lubana
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

i bought iphone XR and premium protection plan for my phone. My phone fell down and screen got crake. I called Brightstar they said you have to pay for phone replacement. But i dont want my phone replaced, i want my screen replacement. In their terms first screen replacement is free. They said no vendor can replace screen beacause we don’t have parts. That is you problem not mine. Why you are saying first screen replacement is free. This is scam. 

Customer service is so bad. They direct told me   

That We cant do that.

Dont ever buy premium protection plan

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lubana,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear your phone suffered a cracked screen.

Yes, Brightstar advertises the first screen replacement is free. However, what do you expect from Brightstar if parts are not available? The phone was released less than two months ago. Searching online for XR parts did not reveal any sources. It's unlikely Apple has provided any parts for the phone yet.

@Lubana wrote:...That is you problem not mine. ...

It's not very reasonable to expect them to provide something which is not even available. It's not a scam if there are no parts.

You might consider contacting Apple to ask them when parts might be available for that phone. You could then ask Brightstar if they would be willing to wait until parts are available for the device and then provide your free screen replacement at that time.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Lubana

Why they are saying customers that first screen replacement is free if there are no parts. They are making people fool.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Perhaps Brightstar shouldn't be offering this screen replacement offer if they can't come thru when needed  I totally understand Brightstar doesn't control parts availability but it seems unfair they can collect the premiums then turn around and say sorry there's no parts for your phone  

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Proac!

Alas, there's a limit to the available options when it comes to repairing a device. Brand new models may not be available for repair right away, you're still benefiting from the replacement option. It is true, there is a cost associated with the replacement of the phone, thus the solution mentioned by Cawtau of contacting Brightstar or Apple to ask about the possibility to wait for the parts being available would be the best way to proceed! 

Hello again,

They provide protection for different makes and models of phones. Most of the phones do have parts available. Unfortunately, it's still too soon to see parts for your particular phone readily available. As mentioned previously, you might be able to wait until parts are available for the XR, but you would have to contact Apple and Brightstar directly.

Cheers