Apple Watch Series 3

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 AJ12345
I'm a Participant Level 1

Apple Watch Series 3

When is Apple Watch support coming?

I want to buy one of the new cellular models.  So far only Bell and Telus are supporting. What about Fido!

Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Watch Series 3

Hey @Redline45!

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic.

I can confirm that Fido will not carry Apple Watch at launch. This will be something we look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. You can definitely still buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on Apple's website.

Hope this helps Very_Happy

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 41
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

We'd be sad to see you go @drahman Sad 

We're always working on new things but we can't confirm whether/when it will be made available at this time. 

We're here if you have any other questions. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 eehenry1
I'm a Participant Level 2

Please tell me when Fido will be getting this issue resolved.
Not being able to use a major device as intended is disappointing on your end.
If I wanted the burden of carrying my phone to connect to for WIFI or BT , I wouldn't have bought a tiny little watch.
There are just too many options out there for cellular service these days .

Having been with Fido since you were a puppy , this might finally send me away.
Thank you 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 41
Highlighted

Hey eehenry1! 

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

First off, I wanted to say that it's great to hear that you've been with us for so long and we hope that you stick with us! 

We'd hate to see you go over this, however, while this is something that we're working to support in the future, we don't have any updates to share about this at this time. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Stockboy11

Any estimates as to how long we would have to wait to have our Celular Apple Watch 3's connected to our data plans without using our phones via blue tooth?  Are we talking a few months or a few years.  If the estimate is longer than a few months i will be changing carriers.  

I'm not looking for this answer:

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic.

I can confirm that Fido will not carry Apple Watch at launch. This will be something we look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. You can definitely still buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on Apple's website.

Hope this helps Very Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 41
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Hey there @Stockboy11!

Welcome to the community. Smiley 

As much as I would like to give you a more specific answer, at the moment we don't have any estimate as to when we'd be supporting the Apple Watch Series 3.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 iholt97

Can I get an update on when you will support the Celluar Apple Watch?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 41
Highlighted

Hey @iholt97

We don't currently have new updates on this just yet, it's something we're looking at as we build system functionality to support this technology.

We'll be sure to keep all our customers in the loop if there are any changes on this. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Miad

Couple of my colleagues and friends left fido to bell, however bell is a bit more expensive, just because use their apple watch.

my wife and I will leave fido next month.

thanks fido to not supporting us

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 41
Highlighted

Hey @Miad 

Welcome to the Community!

We definitely don't want you to feel that way! We are looking at this technology for our customers, but at the moment we don't have any updates as to when.

On a side note : 

• You can buy Apple Watch Series 3, both the cellular and non-cellular version and bring it to Fido. You’ll be able to pair with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. You can check the most recent compatibility on apple.com/watch.

• Did you know that using any Apple Watch by connecting it through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi allows you to enjoy its most popular functionalities (e.g. GPS, heart rate sensor, health apps, etc.)? Apart from the cellular capabilities, both versions have almost the exact same features. The ceramic back and the capacities are different. Features that need a cellular connection, like call or text, still work on any Apple Watch. You just need to connect it to an iPhone close by through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 41
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 ks2012

My daughter has a Apple watch with cellular with AT&T in the states and is moving back to Canada soon. Unfortunately she will need to sign on with Telus or Bell to use her Apple watch as she and her friends currently do while riding their horses without their cell phones strapped to them. It is very convenient plus gives them a greater level of safety should something go wrong. I do not understand why Rogers/Fido has not brought this technology to market while the other guys have. 

Cellular business is competitive and I guess the customers are disposable. A real shame. The Apple watch with cellular was launched almost a year ago so it should be about time to have adapted. AT&T can do it in the US; Rogers and Fido were the same network at one time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 41