cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

134 REPLIES 134

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3

@FidoStephen @FidoNick

How long does it take a world leading company to restart its services? I understand servers were down, does it takes weeks to restart them. Why is Huawei controlling our update? Is it injecting malicious codes by screening all the IMEI?

I think we Canadian should boycott the state-sponsored snooping company?

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

@ryadav We're waiting to hear back from them with an update, but they did mention it would be "very soon". Now, if only I could tell you what their definition of "very soon" is... 

You can also check out this page for information on the whole OS update process.

FidoStephen

UPDATE

Huawei have now resumed the OTA updates using their backup server. It is a staged rollout between January 16 to 21, for both the P20 and the P20 Pro.

ryadav

If we don't get the update by then, what should we do? 

I am not in favor of staged rollout concept. We should raise a voice about it. If we all have quality controlled same device for Canada, the update can be a simple one-click push to all Canadian clients. Given the recent controversy, I feel the company could act in a rage which is very typical behavior of China if we take a look in their history.

Anyways @FidoStephen thanks for the new update. Apologies for my way of seeing things that I pour to the community.

FidoStephen

@ryadav Please let us know if you don't receive the update by January 21 (end of day).

Huawei is responsible for the staged rollout process. They tend to be one of the only carriers that does this. From what I know, they prefer to release it to a small number of devices and monitor for any issues before releasing to everyone.

Also, no need to apologize; your contributions are always welcome!

ryadav

Today is 17th Jan and I still haven't got the update. Will update daily, because I like to part of FIDO community Smiley

ryadav

No update until now ... one more day gone

why1
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Jan 18 at 4:25pm, anybody get Android P update for P20? I am still waiting.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Ezekiel seems to be amongst the chosen few. Perhaps he's a scientologist and L.Ron is controlling the update  

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

agree, i'm jelly.

jan 19th at 3pm and still no update for the P20 Pro.

webstermr
I'm a participant level 3

Same here....no hint of an update.  Been checking regularly.

gippy2009

Still no update for P20Pro. Fido pls resolve the update issues asap.

ryadav

20th Jan still no sign ... Amazing rollout it's called a chinese rollout

gippy2009

Still no sign of Update? Fido do something. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I swear they are referring to some Chairman Mao calendar because it's now down to the 2nd last day of the supposed second roll out and what do you know not an update to be found. 

All kidding aside this is a black mark for Huawei. I love their hardware and build quality that I've seriously been considering the new Matebook Pro X as opposed to the MacBook Pro when it comes time for a new laptop  Now I'm not sure I want to get in bed with Huawei again. 

ryadav

I am also on XDA forum for over 8 yeays and everyone has same issue except a very few getting the updates. 

Indeed its shame.to HUAWEI

ryadav

Almost end of the day and one more day to go, still no update ...Seems I have lose hope. Can fido look into it?

ryadav

XDA forum reports we will not be able to have update before end of Feb. Can FIDO determine as to why rollout dates are not respected.

Don't make us feel bad.

ryadav

And finally 21st arrived ... No update. @FidoSolutions can you please gives as a better insight?

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Jan 21st as of 9am still no update for P20 Pro.

Is there a link between not getting the update and the CFO under house arrest?  Can't understand why we aren't getting it.

krup
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

still Missing update on P20 Pro Android Pie/EMUI 9. why customers suffering in this political problem.