cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

134 REPLIES 134

12dada
I'm a participant level 3

Just got the phone last week and no update yet as of march 6. Contacted Fido Facebook but they don't seem of much help either. Just told to wait. But it's not possible for the rolling out batch to extend till March already. Should have been fully rolled out by end of February. This is not making any sense at all.

L3GND4RY
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So when is this coming out? Says rollout is today I got nothing yet? I picked the P20 pro specifically for Android 9 and the camera functions. Everything else was a bonus. 

Hey there! 

The rollout is in batches, you'll get a notification on your phone as soon as it's available. 

Should there be any update on the dates, we'll update you guys here. Smiley 

Yyyy1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

get update...finally

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

before you update, plug phone into power brick, backup all data to cloud drive. good luck.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

02-07..you guessed it no update .I hate how we're basically held hostage in this situation. We should be compensated for this lack of support. My last security update was last September. My phones value is hampered by the fact its stuck on 8.1

The update doesn't affect your data so I'm not sure why the encouraging people to back up data? I mean it's a good idea to back up your phone but that's just a general rule and not update specific. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

02-09 and I'm excited to say.. Wait for it!!!!

STILL NO UPDATE IN SIGHT!!! !!  

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Feb 11th...still no update... 1 week left in the last timeline suggested by both Huawei and Fido. As this point I don't believe anything they tell me so I'm not holding my breath  

hpcan123

Feb 11.. still no update..

This is going to be my last Huawei phone.. 

azdoune
I'm a contributor level 2

Feb 12.. it was supposed to be the last day for the update.. and guess what? Still no update or news from Huawei or Fido.

So let me be clear. I 've buy a phone and I can't access the update so I can't fully use my phone. 

In this case, i will not fully pay it.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It’s so sad. Huawei builds such great hardware then manages to alienate their customers with this messed up Android update.  As far as I recall, Feb 18th is the supposed last day for the update according to Fido and Huawei. I’m not going to believe anything either of them tell me at this point.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It's a Xmas miracle.. Update arrived about 4am this morning. Only took 2 months longer than some users I know. 

edge05

I have 2 of these devices (wife and I)..   within minutes of setting up my first one a week ago, i was given the update immediately..   my wifes device not so lucky, no update until last night ( had to select update in settings, as no message appeared on screen)

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei Support UK.

We understand you would like to unlock the bootloader code for your device. 

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th, 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights. 

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Should you have any other issues or questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Best regards,
Bianca

Huawei Support - Customer Care

READ WHAT IS IN BOLD. 

Boycott Chinese ...

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

You're so right because Huawei freely handed out the bootloader codes  But it gets better you realize that FunkyHuawei will gladly sell you that code for a hefty fee. Frankly I think Huawei owns that website and figures its an easy way to get more money from their customers. I'm actually tempted to rebrand my device to a country where updates are prompt and the software you get isn't crippled like they give us. 

ryadav
*#06# - IMEI Number
*#*#0000#*#* - About Phone
*#*#2846579#*#* - Project Menu (among other things it shows the SIM lock status under Network Information)
*#*#1357946#*#* - Product code and Serial number

why1

Hi @ryadav 

When I checked Project Menu, do you know what is it mean in "Simlock_Deactive".

Thanks,

@why1 wrote:

Hi @ryadav 

When I checked Project Menu, do you know what is it mean in "Simlock_Deactive".

Thanks,

Hello Why1,

Short answer is that if your device shows Simlock_Deactive, then your device is unlocked.

There are two definitions of SIM lock circulating, which can make things a little confusing. One of them refers to locking a device to a certain network and the other added protection to prevent unauthorised usage of a device.

With the first definition, the manufacturers place a semi-universal security software lock on the SIM card slot that guides the phone with what SIM card is going to be used (see here and here). I believe it is this definition which relates to the Simlock_Deactive shown on your device (see here). If it showed Simlock_Active, then your phone would be locked.

On the other hand, SIM lock has also been referred to a security feature on devices. Most mobile phones offer the feature of PIN protection. After switching on the phone, if the PIN security function is active, the user is required to enter a 4-8 digit PIN to enable the phone's non-emergency calling functions. If the wrong PIN is entered more than three times, either the SIM card, the device, or both become locked (see here). 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

azdoune

02-05 still no update.. what a shame!

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

02-06 still no update . Shame on Huawei and Fido