cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

134 REPLIES 134

khstk
I'm a participant level 2

i finally got the update today, hang in there guys its coming..

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Yes it's a lot easier to encourage patience when you already have the update  It's Jan 28th now and no update in sight for some of us. Just ridiculous Huawei and Fido  Shame on both of you  

raghavkataria
I'm a participant level 1

I too was very frustrated, tried tapping on  check for update continuously for 30min with no luck. Then I cleared Google services framework data forced stopped that tried hitting check for updates couple of times and again after 30min and I got the updates. I am not sure if really this technique worked or it was pushed automatically on my device.

azdoune
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

01-29 still no update.... 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Still waiting here too. Huawei Canada is of no help. Suggested I try HiSuite to update but of course that didn’t work.Fido and Hauwei roll out the same tired response. We’re really sorry but please be patient it’ll arrive soon. I’m getting really tired of that word soon. Huawei ought to be making this update freely available for every user who wishes not to wait for what others have had for weeks.

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3

Screenshot_20190122_232713_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg

Downloaded n updated in less than 3 min ..Amazing how why don't know

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I guess I'm not complaining enough to get some update love. Congrats to you though  

ryadav

Honestly I did not find any difference between 8 n 9. There are wallpapers n themes but u can't download as the app is blocked for us. Camera also no change. Smaller icons no change in battery performance so I need to go online n read what were the changes I heard alot for 9 but I am not happy even though I got it. How can 4 gb file from downloading to installation be in 3 min. I have few with samsung and will check what's gr8

ryadav

Many imoroveimpr in ui n settings buy many important features of pie not visible.

I would caution users to store passwords ..

I checked the size of software update and it reveals 70 mb...Not 4.21gb was bit surprised maybe I m wrong but still wonder how come in 3 min system downloaded n updated with full optimization

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@ryadav wrote:

Many imoroveimpr in ui n settings buy many important features of pie not visible.

I would caution users to store passwords ..

I checked the size of software update and it reveals 70 mb...Not 4.21gb was bit surprised maybe I m wrong but still wonder how come in 3 min system downloaded n updated with full optimization

What problems did you experience with stored passwords?

ezekiel712

hello everyone,

Heads up Smiley

Screenshot_20190117-235448.jpg

ryadav

18th JAN still no update Sad

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.

SaleBrute

Same thing Sad

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Yep still no update. It's the proverbial Bigfoot. It's out there but good luck ever seeing it. 

ezekiel712

Big foot is real ! Fido Toronto. Successfully installed last night . @FidoStephen thanks for keeping us posted as much as you could.

Screenshot_20190118_125120.jpg

khstk

15th today and still no update. 

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

7:53am Jan 15th still no update for the P20 Pro.  HiSuite also says i'm up to date.

I also sent fido solutions a message.

Hey everyone!

The update should be pushed to all Huawei P20 and P20 Pro phones.

For anyone who did not get the update for either the Huawei P20 or P20 Pro please send your IMEI number to @FidoSolutions via private message.

To get the IMEI you can dial *#06# on your phone's keypad.

Thanks!

ryadav

i sent mine

To approve a single suggestion, mouse over it and click "✔"
Click the bubble to approve all of its suggestions.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

UPDATE

We no longer need your IMEIs. 

Huawei ran into server issues and therefore had to halt the updates. We don't have an ETA yet, but we'll update this thread as soon as we have more news to share.

Thanks for your patience with this.

ezekiel712

Moved from a pixel to the p20 prop early December after fido announced the android phone update OTA rollout. Following this for 6 weeks now, and happily registered just to send my IMEI number after @FidoStephen response this morning. just to have @FidoStephen back track the last statement and leave us with no ETA. frustrating as heck