cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

134 REPLIES 134

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

For my P20 Pro i click that update button like crazy, every day since Dec 19th, in the morning, at noon, in the afternoon, in the evening, after midnight, rinse & repeat the next day..   Still no update as of Jan-10th at 7:57am EST.

My next phone 10000000% will be a google pixel phone, that way i will get the update in time and not have to wait for it. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

The sad thing is people place the blame on Huawei when in fact it's Fido that's the issue. Pretty much every where in the rest of the free world they've had the update as far back as October. If I was inclined to rebrand my phone to another country code I could have the update immediately but why should I have to pay some third party vendor to unlock the bootloader and allow me to do that? IPhones with Fido never experience this problem because Apple has control of their iOS updates and Fido isn't in the loop. 

Hello,

@Proac wrote:...The sad thing is people place the blame on Huawei when in fact it's Fido that's the issue. Pretty much every where in the rest of the free world they've had the update as far back as October....
EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Huawei P20s on Bell will get EMUI 9 on December 12
EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Huawei P20s on Bell will get EMUI 9 on December 12

"EMUI 9 launched alongside the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in October, but the new version of the OS hasn’t made its way to the P20 or the P20 Pro yet." ~ taken from here (December 11, 2018).

"The EMUI 9.0 update will hit the Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Huawei P20, P20 Pro, Honor Play, Honor View and the Honor 10 “very soon,” according to Huawei." ~ taken from here (December 18, 2018)

Cheers

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

White knighting for Fido doesn't change the fact that Android 9.0 has been available on the P20 Pro in most other markets for months now. The OS was launched last Ma. I don't find it unreasonable to expect an update in a timely fashion  Why must we always be the sisters of the poor when it comes to updates? 

Hello again,

Clarifying inaccurate information is not 'white knighting'!

Cheers

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Fact is the vast majority of Huawei P20 Pro users in other markets already have their updates. Even if they didn't receive it OTA they can use Hicare and get it directly from Huawei.

Fact the hardcore Android fans with the P20 Pro simply change the country code and rebrand the device and bingo they have the update. 

Fact the anecdotal evidence seems to suggest very few people have received the OTA update thru Fido even though it's been pushed out since Dev19th. That's a long time  How many devices are in a batch? 100😳

Fact  I guarantee I won't see the update by the 14th either.

Fact I'm pretty sure if I told Fido I'd pay my bill sometime between the 19th and the middle of the next month and then didn't deliver they'd be a little upset.

Hello again,

Just because you placed 'Fact' in front of a statement doesn't necessarily make them actual facts...

Cheers

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

It also doesn’t make them incorrect. In fact, if you could debunk the facts I’ve stated I’m sure you’d have already done so. Did you notice the thread where the update for the P20 hasn’t arrived during the scheduled rollout dates? I’m sure I’ll be in the same boat by Monday.

Gabbie1977
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

i'd say the scheduled dates are incorrect.

As of jan 14th at 7:54am no updates yet on my P20 Pro.

Over the weekend i went to the Fido store at the White Oaks mall in london and even the employees personal phones didn't have the update either.

I do know someone on Rogers who has the P20 (non pro model) and they have received the update early january.

Was the roll out done to a lucky draw of 1 user?

ryadav
I'm a contributor level 3

I think so. But what I am surprised is that until this morning, I was level 3 contributor on this community and now after few hours, FIDO downgraded me... 

This is shame on FIDO end...

You guys could have clearly mentioned what you mentioned recently about the update, would have made much sense. Plus now the new schedule says, coming soon... 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @ryadav, I explained the change in your rank on your other post here.

With regards to the OS schedule, the "Coming Soon" refers to the January security update (which is new). The P-OS was released, and we're looking into the situation with Huawei.

ryadav

I am still waiting ..No OTA

ryadav

I too agree. Seeing that we haven't got the update, I don't understand how and why... Assuming that most of the ppl r iphone n samsung fans, I guess only few ten thousands phone might have been sold across canada by this logic I believe they are releasing in batches of 100

ryadav

Lets agree that the update was available after Dec 19 and Fido started rolling... but how many devices FIDO sell that it takes over 20 days to reach the clients ...

bearback
I'm a contributor level 1

Me too! [impatient]
Fido announced P20 Pros would get Pie/Emui9 in December back in late Nov.. I bought my P20 Pro after that announcement and watching the calendar and waiting for that 'sales incentive' to happen and Dec doesnt have long to run!
My P20 pro wouldn't update beyond 111 off handset update, I managed to push it to 120 using Hisuite, but the bigger changes come in what 136?...and of course emui9. Don't want to spend too much time figuring out  and configuring out 8 when 9 is coming.....soon....

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I've been on 120 for quite awhile now. Can't quite recall when I received that update. But still waiting impatiently for Android 9.0 to get pushed to my phone. It's rather that you need to win the update lottery to get your update before the same carriers customers with the exact same device. Frankly we should be getting a discount for the inconvenience  

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

New year still no Pie for the P20 Pro. Maybe if I pray hard enough I'll see it in 2019? Honestly Fido should make the firmware available for download at least if they won't push it to all the devices in a reasonable amount of time. This update supposedly rolled out 12 days ago but when it comes to the big 3 providers you can't ever rely on the information they feed you. Not happy at the moment. 

bearback

December has gone, Fido said December update...
Whats up Fido?

bearback

"Hold the phone"

EMUI 9.0 downloading now

Check your devices!

bearback

Screenshot_20190102-113209.jpg

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Awww lucky you.. Almost Jan 4th and still no sign of the update for my phone  Grrrrrrrr