cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

134 REPLIES 134

Hey @Proac,

Look up an app called Firmware Finder.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Off topic but I love my P20 Pro. As a professional photographer it’s by far the best smartphone camera I’ve ever seen. That being said Huawei seems to treat our market as insignificant. No longer can you unlock your bootloader thru Huawei for free. Now you’re expected to pay some third party outfit for the code to unlock your bootloader and root the device. I expected when it came time to upgrade I’d be looking at another Huawei device but the software support and slow OS upgrade is very off putting. If Apple can push their OS to tens of millions of devices all on the same day, I don’t get this whole 3 weeks of rollout for Android Pie.

Mike

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I have firmware finder. It’s been neutered by Huawei for our CLT-04 devices. Sure you can find the firmware for the phone but no simple method to install it.

Mike

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

before you update, backup all data on google account, in case you lose info on your mobile. also plug in power for your phone before you update over the air.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

10 days into the rollout now. Has anyone received the update to Android 9.0? My friend says she got an update 2 days ago but she's not the most tech savvy person so I can't confirm her P20 Pro is updated to 9.0.

Hello Proac,

My sister received the update two days ago as well...

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoPhilP
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Proac

It is a staggered roll-out, meaning that the update will be pushed in batches between December 19 and January 14th. Hang in there, you're getting it shortly!

If there's anything else we can do for you in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask!

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Oh come on, 3 weeks for a rollout? I'm no fan of Apples closed ecosystem but how is it they manage to provide updates for millions of devices all at once? No one needs to wait weeks for an iOS upgrade. If Huawei still provided unlock codes for the bootloader I'd already have Android 9.0

Mike 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Proac I don't even bother with what Fido's OS Upgrade page have, I find its usually almost not as accurate.

For instance the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime Fido has it as  Android N 7.0 June SMR when in fact its actually on Android 8.1 October SMR and the Galaxy A8 2018 Fido has it as Android N 7.1.1 November SMR + other updates when in fact its actually Android 8 November SMR.

What is the model number of your P20 Pro?