cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android P (9.0) update on Google Pixel 2

KaranJ
I'm a participant level 2

Android 9 was launched yesterday and my phone (Pixel 2 XL) hasn't received the update yet - does Fido have to get the update first and launch it OTA at their discretion or does Google launch it OTA directly to my phone? Owners of the same phone who aren't with any carrier have already received the update so I was wondering when I could expect mine. 

Thanks

**Edited title for clarity**

6 REPLIES 6

EF1
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Google will push the OTA update directly to your phone. I got my update yesterday.

Cheers,

Timmoco
I'm a participant level 3

I think the fido need to get the update and lauch the OTA, i use the same phone as you and still not getting the update.

KaranJ

That seems right given that most updates are delayed by a few weeks, but I'm seeing in this post that Fido/Rogers have said that Google will roll out android updates to Pixel phones without going through Fido:

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Smartphones/message-id/30861/highlight/true#...

Also their OS update schedule has not even updated to include an ETA on android 9.0, what could be delaying this?

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @KaranJ @Timmoco,

I haven't been able to update the OS Schedule as we're doing some updates in the backend and it's on a freeze (of course, right when a huge OS update comes out! Mouth_Shut). I'll have it updated as soon as possible, though it may not be for a few days. 

I can confirm that the team here completed certification of Android P on schedule last Friday. Google will be pushing the update OTA according to their rollout schedule. Keep an eye out; should be coming soon! Smiley

Don't hesitate if you have any questions.

KaranJ

Thanks for the update Stephen! 

Timmoco

Android P just dropped, im updating right now, go check it Smiley