cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating New Sim Card

ShaktiB
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am trying to activate a new SIM card. I am switching over from Freedom and to update my SIM card online, I have to enter my old SIM card. On the website, it says the old SIM should start with 89302 and is pre-filled in on the page, but my old SIM card does not start with this numer. How can I activate my SIM card  then?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ShaktiB,

Welcome to the community!

Where did you get your SIM card? Did it come with a device or did you just receive the SIM card? Generally, when you receive a SIM for a new account, it should already be activated. The Update SIM option would only be used when changing from a previous Fido SIM to a new Fido SIM. If you're trying to update your Freedom SIM, that would not be possible. You would need to Activate your SIM rather than Update your SIM.

Do you have access to My Account? Is there an option to Activate SIM? Is it possible your SIM is already activated since you're new to Fido?

Do you have a prepaid or postpaid account? If you have a prepaid account, I believe it might be necessary to have any SIM changes performed at a Fido store. To do so, you'll need two pieces of identification.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers