Acer liquid E on mute

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Acer liquid E on mute

every time I call someone or they call me, my phone is on mute. If I hit speaker and then talk, then go back to regular, it's all good, but it always starts out on mute. I can't figure out how to fix this. It wasn't like this at first, this only started today and I got the phone yesterday. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Re: Acer liquid E on mute

i also had the same problem, solved it by doing a factory reset. have not seen any more problems so far
View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

@wkh wrote:

every time I call someone or they call me, my phone is on mute. If I hit speaker and then talk, then go back to regular, it's all good, but it always starts out on mute. I can't figure out how to fix this. It wasn't like this at first, this only started today and I got the phone yesterday. Any ideas?

Hi wkh,

did you make any changes on the phone?

• Download new apps?
  • Device update?
  • Application updates?
  • Setting changes?

Since its a brand new phone your probably using it a lot a setting might have been changed. If you havn't done to much to it yet as far as customizing you might want to try to set all options back to default, which is probably in your settings, or maybe just restoring the phone. Smiley Just remember that restoring it may delete all your info. But if its brand new, there shouldn't be to much on there. Also, you can connect it to your computer and back it up if there is really important stuff on there.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

My husband and daughter were playing with it and I think maybe something was hit the wrong way or an app did something weird. It seems to be functioning normally today so I'm going to chalk it up to Unexplained Weirdness.

REALLY love the phone I must say. A whole lot!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

when you slide to open phone,from left to right opens it.from right to left mutes it. watch for that.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hiya,

I'm having the same problem.  I just picked it up a little over a week ago, and spent a few hours downloading apps and music, but now my phone is permanently muted. I can't even put the other person on speakerphone and then go back to earpiece.  I think this all started when I used "app killer".  I don't want to reset the phone since I paid for a couple of apps, and downloaded a few, including music.

Can anyone offer a suggestion?

This is an otherwise very cool phone!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2
Solution

i also had the same problem, solved it by doing a factory reset. have not seen any more problems so far
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6