cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SWITCH FROM FREEDOM TO FIDO!"

PeLeg
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Does someone have a similar problem as I do? I ported my phone number from Freedom to Fido. They offer 9GB for 39$. It was for me very interesting because Fido has better coverage compare to Freedom mobile. Unfortunately, they ported my phone number and I see in my app only 4GB and the price 50$. An agent told me, they are going to add 5GB data more and they provide me a discount of 11$ on my invoice (but I can't see this discount anywhere online) and the same, there is still only 4GB data, so I don't know if it will be as they promised. Someone here with a similar experience? I am thinking about returning back to Freedom mobile because I don't want to pay 50$ per 4GB with a 2 years contract.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @PeLeg! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

To clarify, the $50 plan with 4 GB you see is correct. You're getting an $11/month discount on this plan, as well as a5 GB data bonus (total 9 GB). The $11 credit should appear by your next invoice. The same will be true of your data bonus, if you don't see it already.

However, if you need to confirm that all the offers were applied to your account, I suggest you contact us here or you can request a PM from the community.

I hope that helps!

microsux
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

something "appearing by the next invoice" doesn't help us
it's counting down the gigabytes

3.98GB / 4GB remaining
telling people not to worry, it's going to magically go to negative 5gb isn't a solution. If you don't see 9GB on the account it's not added, obviously. 

Thank you for your feedback @microsux.Rest assured though that's not the case. If you signed up with the said offer, you will receive it in its entirety. However, as it is a bonus on top of the plan, it may take a cycle to appear on the app.

You can reach out to us through these channels and we'd be happy to go over your plan with you.