cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my fido credit has been scammed. And fido will not do anything..

paulisfreelol
I'm a contributor level 1

Soo I recently paid my bill.. and everything was fine.  Untill today when I see my bill shoot up to over 300$ because there is third party misc. Payments coming out to some random app I've never heard of from some random website that's foreign E.. spent the remaining credit I had left on my account now my phone is suspendd. I called fido and got the WORST customer service .. I was very happy with fido until now... Idk what to do. This seems like it will never be solved.. I have no history or subs or anything stating I made those purchases... Aswell over 700mins of calling?? Wth? I never call anyone and theirs random numbers calling me burning up 30--70mins without me even answering... And fido Would NOT do a thing about it.. I don't understand. I try to do something right and get kicked in the face.

20 REPLIES 20

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @paulisfree , 

Welcome to the Community! 

Unexpected bills are never fun, we get that! Sorry to hear that your experience reaching out to us wasn't pleasant, It's not how we want things to go !

In order to help, can you clarify what you mean by a third party misc ? What shows on your bill? 

Were the charges for going over your minutes or for calls made through an App?

We'd need a little more details and we'll do our best to help! 

paulisfreelol

sure i can, i got a response back from google telling me that i didnt pay for it theres no record of it, i already knew that though. and  i wonder if its okay that i post a picture of it? or should i just write it out lol

paulisfreelol

yea ill post it , just hold on and you can see for yourself exactly what imean 

paulisfreelol

Untitled.png

paulisfreelol

obviously my name and number were in the blanked out spot

paulisfreelol

and it doesnt make sense because bango is a foreign monetizing site. as i looked it up yesterday while on the phone with fido support and google being the manufacturer responded to me immediatly . bango has not.

paulisfreelol

i called fido support again today. and the same thing. they had No clue what they were doing Sad so sorry to say it but you have the wrong people working customer service.  not all of you! but it seems the majority is just uneducated about the policys because i strictly told them i did not pay for these things, and my phone is cut off right now. after i paid 114$ on the 5th. i should have my unlimited  calling and texting according to your policy. but i basically paid for nothing

paulisfreelol

at least i have wifi.

paulisfreelol

lol who the hell spends money on WWE stuff anyway like really lol 

paulisfreelol

If there isn't another account you'd like me to check, you should call your carrier and ask for the information below Correlation ID: It usually starts with an alphabet character followed by up to 20 digits e.g.“g00000000000000000000”.

Correlation IDs is generated for every item purchase transaction and can be found at Mobile Carrier system. You cannot check correlation ID information from your device so please do provide the correlation IDs at Mobile Carrier accordingly. Google requires Correlation IDs to investigate to match our purchase record. 

that is what google asked me to ask fido. and fido had no idea what a correlation ID was

paulisfreelol

you have the floor now

Hello @paulisfreelol,

Third party charges are charges that come from another service. The fact that they appear on your bill is simply because when the transaction was processed, it can be chosen to be placed on your bill instead of paying for it immediately with a credit card or another method of payment. 

If the product was delivered or not to you is beyond our control since we're only presenting the charge to you. This also goes if you or someone else requested the transaction. I would strongly recommended getting in contact with Bango, which seems to be the provider of this service.

Hope this helps. 

MaCriselda
I'm a participant level 2

Hey paul! 

Same thing happened to me. I was charged by fido because of bango. And they’re saying they cannot do aynthing about it. I don’t knwo what to do now. Did you get any solution for this? I hope it was solved already. 

inanqi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello I met exactly the same problem and I dont know what to do!

Hey @inanqi

Welcome to the Community Smiley

On your bill, you should have the contact information for the company that is charging you. Did you try contacting them?

Hey @MaCriselda!

If you have a charge for Bango on your invoice it's likely an in-app purchase was made.

Was that the case? Did you contact Bango to see what can be done? You can find their contact information on your invoice.

carol112

the Bango number on the invoice is non existant.  Come on a number that is 800-9999999 is clearly a fraud.  Same thing happened to me.  

Hey @carol112 Smiley

We assure you that this is a legitimate company. What you can do instead of calling is reach out directly via their website. You can visit https://bango.com/contact and fill out the form they provide under the "Purchased Content" section and they'll get back to you.

carol112

Well I contacted Bango support.  They replied to me once via Email and asked me to send information and I have heard no further from them, now over a month ago.  Next bill I received again has $50.00 worth of charges.  If Fido uses Bango as a billing platform, why do you not have a legitimate phone number for them

Hey @carol112,

In this case,  Bango appears on your bill simply because when the transaction was processed, it can be chosen to be placed on your bill instead of paying for it immediately with a credit card or another method of payment. This means that we, unfortunately, have no control over their associated fees as they are generated from your device.

I would suggest to double-check the app in your device and unsubscribe/delete any unknown app and attempt to reach out again.

I hope that helps! 😊