iPhone X users experiencing loss of network access

I'm a Participant Level 3 Kaar
I'm a Participant Level 3

iPhone X users experiencing loss of network access

iPhone X users experiencing intermittent or total loss of network access. PLEASE FIX IMMEDIATELY! I was at Apple today because the Fido tech I spoke with blamed Apple for the network access issues I've been having. Turns out, it was Fido all along, as I suspected.

Apple factory reset my phone (problem remained) and then replaced it entirely (problem remained). Apple tech told me they are seeing numerous Fido/Rogers customers with identical problem. 

Fido replaced SIM card twice in 24 hours which finally worked (as in, I got about 8 hours of access after the third SIM card on a brand new iPhone X before my phone started experiencing the same problem again). I'm posting on here because the Apple store staff said they were seeing lots of people with the same problem and ALL of then were with Fido or Rogers - no other carriers. Brand new phone - expensive plan. I just need it to actually work! 

Help, Fido. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 29
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jdekker13
I'm a Participant Level 2

Re: iPhone X users experiencing loss of network access

I as well have had the same on going issue. I will lose service. I will try to do a hard reboot on my phone and i will not recieve service. I have been to the Fido store 2x to replace my Sim Card, I have been to Apple 2x and they have replaced my phone. But, I get the same answer... that this is an ongoing issue with Fido/Rogers and to do the factory reset. For me, it seems to happen about once a month. It is actually quite frustrating to have to do a full delete and reset on your phone monthly. I pay a lot of money towards my phone bill, and yet you guys are not able to provide me with reliable coverage. Please look into this issue and fix it.... I have been with you guys for about 15 years. But if you cant get it together and fix this. i will switch providers as I need a reliable phone provider that will actually give me service...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 29

Hi @Jdekker13.

We'll be sending you a PM shortly to have a closer look! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 29
I'm a Contributor Level 1 seafarer
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Identical problems of connectivity on my iphone x. No issues with iphone 7 plus in same locations. Have tried and seen connection loss in almost all outdoor/indoor places in Ontario. Worst at airports where everyone around seems to connect swiftly except my iphone x! Happened even while roaming overseas too. No issues with iphone 7plus with the same fido sim.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 29

Hey @seafarer,

Can you confirm if your phone is on the latest iOS available, version 12.1 and latest carrier version 34.1?

If not, would it be possible to update your phone and let us know if you notice any changes?

Keep us posted!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 29

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @seafarer,

Can you confirm if your phone is on the latest iOS available, version 12.1 and latest carrier version 34.1?

If not, would it be possible to update your phone and let us know if you notice any changes?

Keep us posted!

@FidoClaudia wrote:

Hey @seafarer,

Keep us posted!

Yes both are latest updates 12.1 and 34.1
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 29

Hey @seafarer

Thanks for the reply. It can't be easy to have connection issues with your phone.

Even after restarting your Iphone X, get the same result?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 29
I'm a Contributor Level 1 mnawaz

Experiencing the same issue for more than a month on my iPhone 7, and I contacted Apple for it too. 

They also mentioned that Rogers and Fido users are the only ones with this random network issues. 

My phone would stop accepting or making calls whereas text and data would work just fine. Doesn’t make any sense.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 29

Thanks for getting back to me. 

One thing we can try to do is have you do a full restore of your phone.

You can do this directly from Itunes. I was able to find the instructions to do that here.

Let me know how it goes on your end.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 29

Thanks! Already tried restoring a couple of times. In fact even every update I do a full install with itunes. Have tried resetting device, resetting network. No change.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 29

Let's see what's going on together.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 29
I'm a Participant Level 1 crowy1250
I'm a Participant Level 1

I've been experiencing this same problem with my iPhone X over the last few weeks and it's getting so frustrating I'm thinking of moving away from Fido.

Even though the phone says it has a solid LTE signal, the internet just flat out doesn't work. Pages won't load, music won't stream etc.

Today I'm even having trouble sending text messages to people - they just crawl and then finally say could not be sent. I retry and retry and eventually for some reason they end up going through, but it's so annoying.

I'm paying a lot of money for this every month and shouldn't have to be dealing with such poor, unreliable service. Yes I can continue to keep restarting my phone for a temporary fix, but it's not long till after that I'm dealing with it again.

Please fix ASAP!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 29

Hey @crowy1250,

That definitely doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want for any of our customers. 

We would hate to see you go! I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 29
I'm a Participant Level 1 Marieod2616
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am having this exact issue with my iPhone 8 Plus. Got the phone from Fido a year and a half ago. Never had an issue until 5 weeks ago. Then, calls dropping. At first random, now every single call. No rhyme or reason, sometimes a few minutes into the call, sometimes an hour in, doesn’t matter where I am, at home, work, driving etc. 

5 weeks ago went to Fido who did some “testing” and told me they fixed it. But they didn’t, as the calls were still dropping, I called in again, they sent me a new SIM card and told me that fixed it. It didn’t. 

I called in again, they did more “testing” and made excuses for why the other people didn’t do the right testing before. 

Still dropping calls. So two weeks ago I called again- they now blame apple and sent me to apple. So, it did all the troubleshooting with apple and still didn’t fix it, went to apple and got a brand new iPhone 8 Plus. Within minutes of the new phone... calls dropping! 

Now I have been in contact with Fido three more times in the last week and they just keep telling me tech department is looking into it, then I get a text saying everything is fixed. And guess what... not fixed. 

Most recnelt was yesterday where I was told a manager had guaranteed me a call within 24 hours... and no call, and calls still dropping. 

Im a Fido client for over 12 years and have 5 phone lines with you guys... not impresssed. I also run a business with this phone line, so you better hope you fix this  issue before I come after you guys for lost business and wages and cancel every phone line I have with you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 29

Hey @Marieod2616! I'm sad to read about your issues with your iPhone. I'll try my best to help you out. Smiley

I'll send you a PM to see what we can do.

Talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 29