Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s won't make or receive calls - had been working fine until yesterday

aml2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

My phone won't make any outgoing calls and when someone calls me, it rings but hangs up as soon as I answer and all the other caller hears on their end is silence. 

All was working fine for the past 2 years with the same phone and account so it's not a new account or device issue. The bill was paid on time and the account has a $0.00 balance and my plan allows for unlimited calls. This just started yesterday.

I've been trying to get ahole of support for hours, but this happened to conincide with Black Friday so the phone lines and online support have huge wait times.

Thanks for your help!

**Edited to add tags and labels**

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @aml2

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to see you're having trouble with your phone. Did you get a chance to reboot the device off and back on? 

Can you also confirm how many signal bars you see on the screen? 

aml2

Hi,

Yes, I've tried turning it off and on, removing the SIM card and reinserting it... this morning the phone worked for one call but dropped it midway through and then same problem of not being able to call out or have the person call me back happened again.  I have 4 bars showing and live in a major city. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks! 

Did you try testing the SIM card in a different phone? This would help with knowing if the issue is with the phone or the device! 

Hey @aml2!

Did you try out @FidoRanya's suggestion to see if it's the device or the SIM itself that is malfunctioning?

Keep us posted Smiley