eSIM

I'm a Participant Level 2 kvirk
I'm a Participant Level 2

eSIM

When does Fido support Apple Watch series 4? also when i can use esim wiyh my new iphone xs.Rogers came up with price plans. Are these going to be the same with Fido? I have been with Fido for 12 years and do not want to switch for such reasons.it is hard for me to switch all my 6 lines

Accepted Solution

Re: eSIM

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

As of today, April 24th 2019, Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max! 

To activate eSIM on these devices it must be done in participating Fido stores. Our customer contact centre will not be able to activate eSIM so please head over to your local Fido store in order to get it done Smiley

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

We hope this helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Former Moderator FidoJo
Former Moderator

Hey @kvirk

We are constantly reviewing our device line-up, however, at this time we're not carrying any Apple Watch on Fido. Keep an eye out on fido.ca for the latest products and services.

At this time, we do not have much information on eSIM but keep an eye on Fido.ca for more info! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm a Contributor Level 1 john992
I'm a Contributor Level 1

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204039

This shows Fido supports eSim.

so when?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @john992!

At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for your Fido line. The eSIM can be used for another plan with another carrier. If anything changes we'll let everyone know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 leonhart1981
I'm a Participant Level 1

Few months passed already, does Fido making any improvement to support eSim yet? 

It's already passed Q1 2019. I have been a Fido customer since 1998 and I don't really want to switch to another carrier....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Contributor Level 1 john992
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I doubt they are going to support eSim. Rogers doesn’t support eSim unless you have a business plan. 

And Fido doesn’t support the Apple Watch either. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Solution

Hey Community!

Just wanted to take a moment to share some good news today Smiley

As of today, April 24th 2019, Fido customers can now activate eSIM on their iPhone Xr, Xs, or Xs Max! 

To activate eSIM on these devices it must be done in participating Fido stores. Our customer contact centre will not be able to activate eSIM so please head over to your local Fido store in order to get it done Smiley

Also, keep in mind that eSIM activations are only available on no-term activations at this time. 

We hope this helps! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7