cancel agreement in the last month

I'm a Participant Level 3 note_book
I'm a Participant Level 3

cancel agreement in the last month

Hi,

My situation is I have been with Fido for many years, but I don't see any good deal for loyal customers at least for me, so I may no longer want to be with Fido. I am just wondering if I have to pay any kind of fee, such as early cancellation fee, in the last month of my 2-year agreement? Actually my device balance is $0 now. Any comment is welcome. Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: cancel agreement in the last month

Hello @note_book,

If your device balance is at $0 then there will be no fees if you cancel your account.

If you are moving to a different provider and want to take your current number with you then you need to keep it active in order to have the number ported over to the new provider. When that happens it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

With that being said did you try contacting customer service to see if anything can be done before you decide to leave Fido? If not I would suggest you reach out to them, you can do so through any of the available methods listed here

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Solution

Hello @note_book,

If your device balance is at $0 then there will be no fees if you cancel your account.

If you are moving to a different provider and want to take your current number with you then you need to keep it active in order to have the number ported over to the new provider. When that happens it will automatically cancel the Fido line.

With that being said did you try contacting customer service to see if anything can be done before you decide to leave Fido? If not I would suggest you reach out to them, you can do so through any of the available methods listed here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your suggestions. I probably will get charged $10/contact for contacting customer services. A couple years ago, a Fido customer representative called me to introduce a great deal, and I accepted. Now no one called me for any deal. 

By the way, did you mean my phone number can be kept and ported to a new provider, as long as I don't cancel it prior to porting? And my current contract (balance is $0) will be cancelled immediately once the phone number is ported to a new provider, and I don't have to wait until the last date of my contract, is that right?

Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

Hey @note_book,

Thank you for your suggestions. I probably will get charged $10/contact for contacting customer services. 

These are the only things you would get charged $10 for because its things that we can do through self serve. 

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

Taken from here.

A couple years ago, a Fido customer representative called me to introduce a great deal, and I accepted. Now no one called me for any deal. 

Like every company the way things are done evolves over time. While you got a call once does not necessarily means you will always get a call every time. If you are targeted for any offers you sometimes would get a text message. Most times if you login to your account then go to change plan you can see plans that are targeted to you.

By the way, did you mean my phone number can be kept and ported to a new provider, as long as I don't cancel it prior to porting? 

Correct.

And my current contract (balance is $0) will be cancelled immediately once the phone number is ported to a new provider

Correct, If you port out it would get cancel regardless if the balance is $0 or not.

and I don't have to wait until the last date of my contract, is that right?

Alot of people confuses the contract date with the billing cycle, your contract date is not necessarily at the end of your billing cycle. It's the date you actually agreed to the contract.

If your billing cycle is on the 25th of the month but you agreed to the contract on the 5th of the month. Then the 5th would be the date your contract ends even though its within your billing cycle.

If you cancel or port out in the middle of your cycle then you will just be charged for the days the line was active.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I would prefer Fido to call me because I would not get any loyal deal if I call Fido. All about the deal showing online.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6

Hey @note_book

We cannot schedule a call with you.  However,you can contact us using any of the options you'll find here.  Alternatively, we can send you a PM right here on the Community!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6