apple watch series 3/4 supported?

I'm a Contributor Level 1 phanthomz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

apple watch series 3/4 supported?

After the apple announcement I noticed that the Fido site has the new iphone on the main page...does thie mean that e-sims will be supported and I can add my watch?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 3/4 supported?

Hey @phanthomz!

We will not support the Apple Watch for now. We expect a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that's what we're focusing on! Although it's not compatible with our LTE network, you can still buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi! Check out apple.com/ca/watch for more details Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 41

Hey @jef34355,

Thank you for taking the time and reaching out to us with this.

The Wi-Fi calling would not technically work on the Watch in this particular case, as it isn’t directly connected to our network. It is connected to your device as an accessory.

I hope this helps clear things up a little.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 31 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 1 PatrickButler
I'm a Participant Level 1

Figure it out Fido, I’ve been thinking of leaving, the fact that I can’t use Apple Watch cellular is pushing me a little further. 20yr customer. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 32 of 41

Hey @PatrickButler! Welcome to the community and thank you very much for your 20 years of loyalty. Smiley

If there's any change in the future, we'll announce it loud and clear.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 33 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 pit0036
I'm a Participant Level 2

this is BS.. you've been saying this for almost 2 years now. You have a lot of angry customers including myself. 

I guess it's really up to the company if they want to compete with the big three, or stay near the bottom with the rest of the sister companies. 14 year customer... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 34 of 41

Hey @pit0036

Your loyalty means everything to us! 

We can understand how important this is for our customers.

We'll keep the thread updated if there's any changes. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 35 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 Aleesha

Hi! I’m planning to get the Apple Watch Series 4. I’m just doing some research here. 

Does this mean I would not be able to use the cellular function under Fido? If so, what would be the point of sticking with fido?

Please advise. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 36 of 41

Hey @Aleesha

There are plenty of reasons to sticking with Fido. You can see a few of these right from here.  Smiley 

However, at this time we're not supporting this service so it wouldn't connect to our network this way. As confirmed in the accepted solution to this thread, you can still buy an Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 37 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 Aleesha

Regardless....the fact remains you are not compatible with a desirable product as the Apple Watch. The whole point of the device is to leave it in the car and go run for 10K without having to carry your phone. It’s pointless without the cellular feature. 

Thank you but I’ve read the reviews on social media and have decided to look into the other three carriers which provide ALL the services Apple Watch has, thus making Fido less competitive.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 38 of 41

Hey @Aleesha! I understand where you're coming from here. We'd certainly be sad to see you go.

If you would like to discuss this further, you can reach us through our channels here or we can send you a PM. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 39 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 1 RBF1973
I'm a Participant Level 1

If there is a demand, market dynamics would drive to this demand and iWatch LTE connectivity would be the result.  The fact that all subsidiaries of the Big Three don’t support iWatches on their networks is extremely fishy. It is almost certainly to push customers to buy the 90$/month plans from the Big Three instead of the 60$/month plans from the subsidiaries. High probability of collusion. Someone should complain to the ombudsman. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 40 of 41
I'm a Contributor Level 1 VJBeach
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Well it is now May 2019 not September 2018, which is the date of these original posts and still no support of Apple Watches! 

Hummm makes me wonder if writing on the forum actually matters!! Sad

got a gift I call full utilize. 

Posters are right, if the ‘haves’ (Rogers) can have it how hard is it to share with the red headed step child (Fido)? 

Angry people don’t go within the same company, they leave. It that the company goal?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 41