cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Customer Service

LMC3
I'm a participant level 2

Avoid Avoid Avoid Fido - Zero customer care or service. After a trip to Mexico, there was a $36 charge for roaming on my bill which i disputed. I thought a call to Fido customer service would resolve the issue. After two hours on the phone and speaking to two representatives, I was told Fido will not under any circumstances waive roaming fees and if that was not satisfactory I could cancel my subscription. After 20 years with Fido/Rogers I was shocked. I guess when you have near monopoly you can provide no customer care.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @LMC3!

I wanted to start off by welcoming you to the Community and thanking you for your loyalty! It's amazing to see that you've been with us for so long and that does not go unnoticed!

I'm sad to see your recent experience with customer service has left you feeling this way. 

Could you give us more details as to why you were expecting your roaming fees to be waived? Keep in mind that, billed fees are only waived in the event that there are any errors on your invoice.

You can find everything you need to know about FidoRoam and when charges apply right here.

LMC3

Thank you for your reply.  Before my wife left for Mexico I turned off roaming on her phone.  She only accessed the hotel wifi as far as she was aware.  When I received the latest bill there were 3 roaming charges.  I asked her to call customer service to inquire.  During her call she conferenced me so I could be a part of the conservation.  I was shocked how difficult the rep was during the call stating Fido would not reverse a roaming charge.  The agent told us if we were dissatisfied with this policy we could cancel our account.  I mentioned that I was a Fido customer for over 20 years (likely one of the first Fido customer even before Fido was owned by Rogers) and I could not understand how Rogers would not try to assist and satisfy a long standing customer.  My wife asked to speak to a supervisor.  The supervisor was even less understanding.  His tone was condescending boarding in my respectful position as rude.  He advised me that Rogers never waives a roaming fee - that it was company policy.  Maybe he as goodwill could offer us a few minutes free long distance.  Again as a 20 year plus customer with three lines and internet, I could not believe these representatives would allow a customer to become so upset over a $36 disputed charge.  For us the issue was not the $36 rather it was a total lack concern for us as customers by Rogers.  FYI my wife recorded the call as she wanted to post it as an example of Rogers customer service.  When she mentioned this the supervisor said she could not lawfully record the call without his prior consent (which is not correct).  At that point he stated he would have the office of the President call us in a few days (no one called).  I have dealt with many customer service departments but never had an experience like this ever.  There is no way you should allow a customer to become so upset over $36 whether the customer is right or wrong.  

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thank you for your feedback! 

I understand how this experience was not a pleasant one for you, it's really not how we want things to go and I apologize for the experience you had. The last thing we want is to have you feeling this way about us! 

I assure you that if it was possible to waive the roaming fees , we would have done so. Like you said we wouldn't want a customer to be upset over $36, so if it was possible we would have done it right away. Since the charges are legitimate it's not possible to have them waived as there was usage while roaming. 

How was your wife using her device while in Mexico? You mentioned roaming was off, most phones allow for data roaming to be turned off however this does not block the ability to make / receive calls or SMS ( incoming SMS are free). Did you take a look at the charges on the bill to see if she used voice or sms ?

If your case was escalated to our Office of the President team, they will surely get back to you. This is a busier time so delays can be a little longer! 

Let us know!