Will be out of country for ~1 year. What are my options?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 whxtw
I'm a Participant Level 2

Will be out of country for ~1 year. What are my options?

As the title says, I will be out of the country for approximately one year. I am currently not in a contract (ended months ago) and I wish to keep my phone number as well as my plan (but willing to forgo my plan if I have to).

What are my options?

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Will be out of country for ~1 year. What are my options?

Hi there whxtw!

If you do not have an agreement, you may be eligible for a temporary suspension. This option is currently available for a period of 2-4 months, at a cost of $7/month. Certain conditions would apply to benefit from this. Once the suspension expires, you would be put back on your current plan.

Since you will be gone for approximately a year, you can also opt to migrate your number to prepaid. While you would not be able to keep your current monthly plan by doing so, you will be able to keep your number for 365 days by simply adding one refill to the account. Your FidoDOLLARS™ would also be transferred to the prepaid account. Once you come back, you would be able to migrate back to a monthly plan (provided that the credit evaluation is a pass).

If you want to go over your options in more detail, feel free to reach out via Facebook or Twitter.

Cheers!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: Will be out of country for ~1 year. What are my options?

Hi there whxtw!

If you do not have an agreement, you may be eligible for a temporary suspension. This option is currently available for a period of 2-4 months, at a cost of $7/month. Certain conditions would apply to benefit from this. Once the suspension expires, you would be put back on your current plan.

Since you will be gone for approximately a year, you can also opt to migrate your number to prepaid. While you would not be able to keep your current monthly plan by doing so, you will be able to keep your number for 365 days by simply adding one refill to the account. Your FidoDOLLARS™ would also be transferred to the prepaid account. Once you come back, you would be able to migrate back to a monthly plan (provided that the credit evaluation is a pass).

If you want to go over your options in more detail, feel free to reach out via Facebook or Twitter.

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2