cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling with LG V30

cliff
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

When I go to call/call settings/Wi-Fi Calling and click on "Click here to register for Wi-Fi Calling or to update your existing Emergency Address" the webpage reads "Looks like your device isn't eligible for Wi-Fi Calling. Reach us at fido.ca/contactus"

I still tried to enable Wi-Fi calling by enabling it and after a good couple minutes of it being stuck on "Enabling" it read that Wi-Fi calling was "On". So does this mean that Wi-Fi calling is actually on and working even without being able to register for wifi calling due to the  "Looks like your device isn't eligible for Wi-Fi Calling. Reach us at fido.ca/contactus" message?

Any help regarding this would be great

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @cliff

It's unusual to receive this error message and still be able to push through enabling this feature. However, if it allows you to toggle the Wi-Fi calling to ON, it would appear to have worked! Smiley 

Do you see the Wi-Fi Calling Icon on the display bar at the top?

You can also check out more information about this from here

cliff
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

@FidoPierre wrote:

Hey @cliff

It's unusual to receive this error message and still be able to push through enabling this feature. However, if it allows you to toggle the Wi-Fi calling to ON, it would appear to have worked! Smiley 

Do you see the Wi-Fi Calling Icon on the display bar at the top?

You can also check out more information about this from here

Hello FidioPierre,

Unfortunately I don't see the wifi calling icon in the status bar which is making me think it really isn't on.

@cliff Hmm, if you fully restart the device does the same situation happen?

Are you using an official Fido phone or an unlocked device?

cliff
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

If I restart the device it still displays that wifi calling is on but there is no wifi calling icon in the status bar.

This phone was bought unlocked and not from fido. I think even the fido LG V30's were sold unlocked?

cliff
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

I also just tried the following, i turned on airplane mode then turned wifi back on and tried to make a call and no wifi calling available. I went to wifi calling while in airplane mode and it read "not registered" i tried clicking the registration link and it still reads "looks like your device isn't eligible for wifi calling"

Hello Cliff,

@cliff wrote:...it still reads "looks like your device isn't eligible for wifi calling"

Your phone not being purchased from Fido is the likely reason why you're getting that message. While it's true that the LG V30s Fido sells are also unlocked, the IMEIs of the phones they sell are in their inventory database. The IMEIs of phones they did not sell would not be in that database. Fido does not guarantee that certain services (ie voLTE and Wifi-calling) will work with non-Fido devices. Some people have had success by having their phone's IMEI number added to their account. However, some others have not. There have been a few discussions in the forum about this issue with other devices.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

cliff
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Thanks for answering my question Cawtau.

I will continue to search other posts regarding this specific issue.

Thanks