WiFi calling for non-fido android

I'm a Participant Level 3 Bee88
I'm a Participant Level 3

WiFi calling for non-fido android

Hello, 

I have a non-Fido Samsung galaxy a5 2017.

After spending some time scouring the archives, I have called fido to get my device imei registered with fido. 

When I go to settings to enable WiFi calling, it still says my device isnt eligible for WiFi calling and to contact fido. 

Where do I go from here? 

Cheers, 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4

Re: WiFi calling for non-fido android

Hey @Bee88

Thank you for reaching out to us with this. Wi-Fi calling is one of these features that we cannot guarantee to function on non-Fido devices. You can check out more details on this here

We will of course do our best to help which is why we try registering the IMEI when possible, to see if it pushes it through.

Do you happen to have a Fido device as well, where you could test your SIM to see if you can enable this feature there? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 3 Bee88
I'm a Participant Level 3

Thanks for replying Smiley

No I don't.

I guess that's my next step.

Get my hands on an iPhone or fido device by borrowing or purchase. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm a Contributor Level 2 danthemanx
I'm a Contributor Level 2

@Bee88 wrote:

Thanks for replying Smiley

No I don't.

I guess that's my next step.

Get my hands on an iPhone or fido device by borrowing or purchase. 

You're wasting your time. I tried doing this. What happens is you'll be able to activate wifi calling on the Fido-purchased phone, everything will work great, you'll take the SIM back out of that phone and put it in yours. The services will still work for a set amount of time surprisingly (less than half an hour) on your non-Fido phone before the network deprovisions it because it isn't recognized as purchased through Fido.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4