Voicemail Text Notification

I'm a Contributor Level 2 gcrmt
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Voicemail Text Notification

This is something that I've always been puzzled about. Been with Fido for nearly 12years now and I still find it odd that when a voicemail is left Fido sends out a text message (18) to the cell phone rather than having the cell phone activate the voicemail icon built into the phone. What's the reasoning behind this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Voicemail Text Notification

Hey @ChicoQuente!

Thanks for posting Smiley

We'd love to help out with this, and I'd love to clarify what's going on!

All our newer plans come with mini voicemail. This option allows you to save and have up to 3 messages in your voicemail inbox. It's not a visual voicemail so the little indicator for a voicemail will not pop up as you need to call in and listen to the messages. To let you know you have a new voicemail, we send you a text message to notify you. 

If you wanted to benefit from the visual voicemail feature that your iPhone offers, we do offer that option as well! You can add our $7 value pack and enhance your plan with awesome features including visual voicemail for iPhone! The value pack will give you:

- Name Display (to add on to your regular call display)

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text with 35 voice messages  or iPhone visual voicemail

- US & International Premium Calling Rate to mobile and landline phones (just 1 cent a minute to the US, and other countries start at 2 cents per minute!) detailed rates can be found here :

- WhoCalled

- 2,500 Call Forwarding Minutes

If you'd like us to add this option for you, you can contact us through any method found here or let us know and we can send you a PM right here on the community!

I hope this clears it all up and that this info was helpful Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 52
Former Moderator FidoKija
Former Moderator

Hey ydrolet! 

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll forward your feedback. Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 52
I'm a Participant Level 1 developer300
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido and Rogers have the same network. Message Waiting Notification works on Rogers but it does not on Fido. Most likely this is not by accident. My guess is that the Rogers/Fido marketing team decided to position Fido brand with having a subpar voicemail experience compared to their Rogers brand. Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 52
I'm a Participant Level 2 dasbooter
I'm a Participant Level 2

Ditto on this. Essential phone and I get a text instead of the message notification that takes me right to my voice mail. Every other carrier I have had the last two being Bell and Rogers provided a proper notification instead of a text. This is annoying enough that when I have the time I will start shopping around for a new provider.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 52

Hey @dasbooter Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post. 

The only available option at this time is the text message notification, you would need to press and hold 1 on your keypad to call your voicemail once you receive the notification. 

With that being said, we'd be most sorry to see you go. Don't hesitate to reach out here so we can have a look at your options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 52
I'm a Participant Level 2 dasbooter
I'm a Participant Level 2

This is the standard reply and it is unacceptable. This issue goes back longer than a year and replying the exact same way is both dismissive and poor customer service. To top it off you try to upsell me which is laughable because.... I'll repeat for everybody here that every other provider I have been with has their MOST BASIC voicemail system set up to provide space for three emails and notify you with the appropriate Android voicemail notification which u can touch to go directly to your messages. Fido CANNOT OR WILL NOT implement the Same.

If you have found your way here from Google because you have the Same issue feel free to voice your displeasure .When I call to cancel when I find a good competing deal I'll be sure to let the customer service rep know why.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 52

@dasbooter

We do appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to forward it to the team in charge.

Right now, this is how our voicemail works. However, we are always looking to improve our service based on what the customer needs.

We definitely don't want to see you go. Hopefully, you can change your mind on this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 52
I'm a Participant Level 3 EFTEE
I'm a Participant Level 3

I too have issue with voicemail notification.  I used to get notified in my text so I know I had a voicemail, but lately I don't get anything. So the voicemail gets full (by message mostly from telemarketers that I didn't answer their call), because I don't get notified and there is no more room for important messages from work or family member.  I HAVE TO check my voice mail often the delete those unwanted calls/voice messages from telemarkters so others can leave me a voice mail. I called Fido and they didn't help at all!  

A while back a family member said they could not leave a voice mail for me because the box was full, however when I checked my voicemail, it said no more messages. Then I contacted Fido and they said they will fix it (by reseting/somthing) from then on I don't get any notification.  

I am thinking because of this issue I should leave Fido and go to other providers.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 52