cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to a fido pulse

Chrissyl
I'm a contributor level 1

I recently changed my plan to the fido pulse which gives me 5g of data but for some reason I'm not getting any data.

How long should I be waiting?

11 REPLIES 11

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Chrissyl,

Welcome to the community Smiley

Generally speaking, when you switch to a Pulse plan the new data bucket of the price plan will cover you for the current cycle. Did you complete a change from a plan that included no data to this Pulse plan with 5GB of data? Could you please clarify which plan you picked too?

We can also attempt to troubleshoot your device if it's currently unable to start a mobile data session. I would strongly advise to start by turning off your device to refresh to the connection, this usually does the trick.

Let us know how it goes

Chrissyl

Hi unfortunately I had a data block on my phone so I had to call to do to rectify everything now we r good to go thank u for taking the time to respond 

Chrissyl

The plan that I did have was the $45 plan which had no data so I went in my fido app and upgraded it to the fido pulse which gives me 5g....

Chrissyl

On my Samsung Galaxy s6 when trying to do the apn theres a(r) above the bars what does that mean?

The R usually stands for roaming, with an non-Fido phone that could be normal.

Can you attach a screenshot so we can get a better idea?

Chrissyl

The R is now gone but still have no data 

I'll send you a PM so we can check things out in detail as it could be account specific.

See you there Smiley

Chrissyl

Will I see ur msg here

Hey Chrissyl! We actually sent you a private message in your inbox. Did you receive it? 

Chrissyl

Ok

Thanks for confirming @Chrissyl!

What type of phone are you using?

If it's an non-Fido phone, please follow the steps here to ensure it's set up correctly.

Let us know if that works!