cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate Spotify Premium

gurjsan
I'm a participant level 3

I have a Fido Pulse plan and I'm trying to use my Spotify premium. I went to Fidohub, I put in the code the texted me and then it brought me to a page that said this "Hey there! Sign up as a first-time Spotify Premium user and enjoy 6 months for free. Get your access link by logging into your Fido account. www.fido.ca/login" when I clicked the link and logged in nothing happened I didn't get an access link. I've been trying to get access for over 2 hours now.

14 REPLIES 14

gurjsan

Forgot, to update this but I got it all working thanks for your help everyone.

That's awesome news @gurjsan!

It was our pleasure, happy that it ended up working Very_Happy

MangoMay
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there. I'm having trouble activating Spotify Premium.

Here are the steps I've gone through on my iPhone, while connected to LTE.

1. On the Safari app, I've opened the fidohub.ca link.

2. Once there, the window says: "Hey there! Sign up as a first-time Spotify Premium user and enjoy 6 months for free. Get your access link by logging into your Fido account. www.fido.ca/login

3. Once logged in, I'm back at the My Account home page with no mention of the "LOG IN TO SPOTIFY" link.

Please help.

Hello there @MangoMay!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

Try these steps:

1. Head to Fido.ca

2. Log in to your account

3. Click on your Fido phone number

4. Select 'Manage My Services' 

5. Select 'My Spotify Access' 

6. Select 'Redeem now' (the Spotidy website will open)

7. Follow the on-screen instructions

Let us know if it helps!

MangoMay

Hi @FidoGabrielle

I followed your instructions on my iPhone and it worked! Thank you so much!

I didn't know you can click on your Fido phone number, but that step helped a lot. 

Thanks again!

Thanks for the update @MangoMay

Happy to hear that it worked Smiley

Hey there @MangoMay!

Welcome to the community :).

I've found a similar thread with a solution, so I moved your post here.

Have you had Spotify Premium previously? Just a heads up! Spotify Premium can only be used once as mentioned by Scooby-Doo. For more info on how to set up the service, click here and here.

Keep us updated, and let us know how it goes.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi gurjsan

Welcome to the Community:smileyhappy:

Have you ever had Spotify Premium on the account you were trying to use whether as a paid membership or a trial version? 

With the Discover Spotify Premium, the 6 months are only redeemable if you've never had Spotify Premium on the account. 

Let us know if you need more support new membership. (Maybe you can disassociate a previous spotify account?)

Cheers!

gurjsan

I created a new Spotify account for this but the issue is that after I put in the Code I got texted into FidoHub.ca I was not prompted to login or sign up for spotify.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Ah ok @gurjsan your text sms are enabled for Fido and You have received a code from Fido text! 

Thereis no prompt other - You should be able to login into the Spotify app with the login you created and that is all Fido automatically in scync

You have confirmation that Fido sent you the code a text saying you now have spotify premium ...like this Screenshot_2018-01-25-21-38-30.png

You don't need other promot just verify your incoming emails and spam folder to make sure you got all instructions. 

- please let us know if you can't get in Spotify app. It may take a few hours to register that's depending on Spotify.

Cheers!

gurjsan

I haven't received that message and I haven't been asked to sign into Spotify or to link my Fido Account to Spotify or anything. I followed all the steps listed on the website and nothing.

gurjsan

I have had this Spotify offer from Fido before, but I believe I should still be eligible as this is a new Spotify account and a new phone number. The only thing that's the same is the name and Birthday I used to sign up for Spotify. The email is different however and its a different Spotify account. I've wasted too much time on this already. I don't think following any steps will help me because I've read through the forums, as well as the FIdo's website and tried multiple times to get this free 6 months to work. Is there a special link you can send me or something other than the basic instructions on how to sign up because they clearly are not working and I can't waste any more time or energy on this.

Thanks.

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Sorry it did not work out @gurjsan but

thanks

@FidoKenny who's offered to look up for your account.

I understand where you come from.

Like mentionned before currently this offer is sort of attached to your name as an account user at Fido (birthday and so on) from the perspective of Fido the 6 month free premium seems to be a one in a life time offer.  

I wish it would renew with a new contract or other phone maybe..  in the future Spotify premium free could be something to renew at Fido for added value and long term retention. 

Fido always find ways to innovate interesting out of the box add-ons promos. So keep posted!

Cheers!

Hey @gurjsan

Sorry to see that you have trouble with this.

Let's check your account together to see what's going on.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.