cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Receive Fido WiFi Calls

AliKay
I'm a contributor level 2

I joined Fido in January 2018 on a monthly plan(BYOD) and immediately enabled WiFi calling on my unlocked LG G4 as I have poor Fido network coverage in my area. 

WiFi calling worked like a charm. I even tested it on airplane mode. I had no problem with outgoing and incoming WiFi calls.

Now as of few days ago, I have noticed that I can only make outgoing WiFi calls. I am unable to receive and WiFi calls!

Mind you that all other features like using data and making regular GSM calls work fine.

Fido customer service was unable to help me and I am still where I started.

Any idea how to fix this?

23 REPLIES 23

AliKay

Thank you for your reply but if wifi calling is limited to the router LAN port setup, then it defies the whole purpose of wifi calling all together cause you don't know or have access to the host wifi router wherever you go, right?

When I first activated wifi calling, Fido sent me a verfication code, which I then entered in the app and set up my 911 address and done!

I was able to receive and make wifi calls, no matter what wifi network I was connected to, public or private, for quite a while until incoming calls stopped working by itself. 

It is mind boggling how on earth Fido/Rogers are unable to fix this.

Hey @AliKay

I'm sad to see you've been experiencing difficulties with this feature. I would like to take a closer look into your account so we can check out the details together. 

I'll send you a PM to get your account information. 

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @AliKay !

Please update us once you hear from technical support , you're in good hands.