Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US call and excess data block

VivekS1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there,

I have a post-paid plan with Fido and have unlimited Canada-wide calling and 5 GB of data with my plan.

I have a young son at home and he plays with my phone every now and then. I want to block any features that could cause excess charge, if accidentally used by my son.

I have a lot of US and international contacts saved in my phone. I was able to get international calling blocked on the phone by calling Fido customer care.

I want to get US/Caribbean calling blocked too. I was told by the customer care that it is not possible since US and Canada share the same country code. I found this logic quite flawed. If Fido can discern the calls made to US (may be using area code) and charge me for those, why can you not block it? You must be able to block all calls made to all the area codes in US/Caribbean.

Second, I want to block any data usage above my plan limit. Again, I was told by the customer care that it is not possible. Once again, I don’t find it very convincing. If Fido can discern when I have gone above my data limit and charge me for that, why can you not block the data usage when it goes above the stipulated limit? Of course, I am authorizing you to do that.

I look forward to hearing from you on this soon.

Thanks

Vivek

16 REPLIES 16