cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two long distance calls I didn't make on my behalf but shows in my bill

GregoryDes999
I'm a participant level 2

I notice that my phone bill is higher than what it was before by about $10. I took a look at it in more detail, and I found out that it mentions a couple of long distance phone calls, both to the USA.

After quickly looking up the numbers, I found out I didn't make the phone calls to them on my behalf. I tried reaching out to one of the social media representatives, where they told me the only way for a phone call to be registered is by dialing an actual number through my phone. I was asked whether my phone is used by someone else, and I said no.

I suspect that either my phone number was compromised, or something has made the phone dial a number.

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5

norbert1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Gregory

I just had the same problem with my bill. It was over by about $10 as well and I called and spoke to a supervisor as well and I was told that the number was dialed from my phone. I even told the supervisor that I checked the history on my phone and the nymber does not appear. She still insisted that the call was made from my phone and that I have to make the payment. It is very frustrating especially when you know you did not make the call

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @GregoryDes999

This is a rather peculiar situation that you describe. Could you share with the Community if other things seem out of place with your phone? 

-Is there usage that was made within Canada that you didn't do for example? 

-Were the long distance calls made within a short timetrame or at different moments during the month? 

-Did those 2 numbers call you before your phone called those numbers? 

Please let the Community know, in order to reassess. 

GregoryDes999

You can ignore this, Francois; I just found out what these two numbers are!

These numbers are Google Hangouts numbers because at the time, I was having phone calls with a career advisor from a career accelerator company in San Francisco called Pathrise. At the time, and I'll be honest, the Internet connection I was using wasn't strong enough to support a Google Hangout video call, so a phone call had to be made instead.

In that case, I actually did. So, in that situation, I'll pay the long distance calls on top of my regular plan, and hope I won't have to use my phone again when I need to talk to my Pathrise advisor, now that the Internet connection I use with my dad is stable.

I am so silly. 😝

Thank you so much for keeping us posted @GregoryDes999 .

These things happen Smiley

GregoryDes999

I can see that! What was I thinking? 😝