Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring to Frizz

nguyendaivp
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

The contract for my current plan has just ended on 27 Aug and I am intending to switch to Frizz.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to transfer and keep my current number?

2. In the case that I transfer my number to Frizz, do I have to make a cancellation with Fido?
Also, in this case, is there any cancellation fee?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Nguyendaivp,

Welcome to the community!

I assume you're referring to Fizz Mobile. If you would like to keep your current phone number, you would need to have your new provider request to port your phone number to them. It would be important that you do not cancel your services with Fido or else they won't be able to port the phone number. Once the port is completed, your Fido account will automatically be cancelled. Since your contract has ended, there would be not additional cancellation fees.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

nguyendaivp

Hi Cawtau,

Thanks for your information. It helped me a lot.

I also have another question.

My contract for iPhone 7 plus + data plan is the period of Aug - 27- 2018 to Aug-27-2020.
and it cost me 80 $ per month (after-tax) for 24 periods.

However, I don't know why Fido still charges me the monthly installment, 80$, for this September.

Given that my first payment was paid in Sep 2018.

Thanks for your help,

Hello again,

If your contract just ended, it's likely your agreement was with a subsidised plan. Many mobile providers used a subsidised model for their contract devices. This model is different from a tab or financed model or the more recently available leasing model.

With the subsidised model, the subsidy is incorporated into the plan (ie small, large, etc). Since the subsidy is incorporated into the plan, your plan does not automatically switch to a BYOP plan at the end of a contract (see here). It remains your previous plan, should you wish to subsidise another device. It is not possible to merely remove the device cost from those plans. If you did not wish to subsidise another phone, you would have to switch to a BYOP plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch.

That said, you should note that Fido has now switched from their subidised plans to a financed payment program for new devices. That is, the cost of devices is now separate from the cost of services. Once the payments have competed with the new program, your only remaining monthly costs would be for services.

Some of the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model. You might need to switch to a new plan in order to finance a new phone. On the other hand, you would be able to keep your current plan if you purchased your new phone outright.

If you would like to switch to a plan with the new financing model, you might need to contact customer service. I'm not sure if the system will process the switch properly. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers