cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages take hours to arrive

Nicholas_G
I'm a participant level 3

All incoming texts are delayed by hours for me for the last 1/2+ years.  I have constant cell connection and my phone is always on.  It seems like fido just decided to reduce me to a lower quality of service just because I don't send or receive texts often and I'm on their prepaid plan.  Will be forced to change carriers next cycle if this isn't fixed for since me it makes texting unusable.

6 REPLIES 6

fiedospuppies
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I can confirm it does happen for me once in a while when sending or receiving message to / from international cell phones numbers. But not issue in Canada/US. For comparison, doesn't happen when I use overseas number here to text overseas.

Nicholas_G

The links gives me errors if I try to use the chat online mobile.  Also my problem still happens and can confirm it does the same thing in another device.  Also now for apparently anyone who calls me, they get a this number cannot be reached automatic reply.  I didn't think it could get worse but it did

Hello @Nicholas_G

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon. 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Nicholas_G

I am sad to see you're experiencing difficulties with your incoming text messages. 

Can you tell us if you're having any troubles sending messages? What happens when you send one to your own number, is there still a delay? 

Can you also confirm if you've tried rebooting the phone to see if you notice an improvement? 

Nicholas_G

I've never run into problems sending messages.  I tried sending one to my own number and it worked quickly enough.  The problem I'm seeing is quite sporadic though.  It usually happens after I haven't sent or received any texts after a couple days.  I've restarted my phone and it's never fixed it since a week later I'll see the problem again.  It's possible there is a short-term improvement but it's real hard to tell since it's not reproducible within a short amount of time.

Thank you for sharing this information. In this case, we would recommend possibly testing the SIM in a different device when you notice this issue occurring. If you see that the problem transferred into the other phone, you can reach out to us so we can try out a few other troubleshooting steps on our end. You can contact us through one of the options found here

Or if you'd prefer receiving a Community PM. you can also let us know. Smiley