Text messages abroad

I'm a Participant Level 1 Clare2904
I'm a Participant Level 1

Text messages abroad

1. Hi everyone, belated Merry Christmas.
  2. I have a Pulse plan which I am billed for every month.  I am currently in the UK and I am not wanting to turn on data roaming as $12 a day is a rip-off.  I will need access to text for when I don't have access to WiFi.  

How much is it for me to send and receive  a text message?

Do I have to activate data roaming?

Many thanks 

Clare 

Accepted Solution

Re: Text messages abroad

Hello @Clare2904,

Receiving messages is free but if you send a message then it will trigger the Fido Roam and you will be charged the $12 and can use the phone as you normally would in Canada.

If you do not want to pay the $12/day roaming rate you can contact Fido and have them disable that feature and you can do the pay-per-use rate you can get more info on the rates here.

You do not have to enable data roaming in order to send/receive SMS or make/receive voice calls.

You will need to enable roaming for sending/receiving MMS.

Happy holidays!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

Hello @Clare2904,

Receiving messages is free but if you send a message then it will trigger the Fido Roam and you will be charged the $12 and can use the phone as you normally would in Canada.

If you do not want to pay the $12/day roaming rate you can contact Fido and have them disable that feature and you can do the pay-per-use rate you can get more info on the rates here.

You do not have to enable data roaming in order to send/receive SMS or make/receive voice calls.

You will need to enable roaming for sending/receiving MMS.

Happy holidays!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

Hi health new year to all step 1: pay Fido roaming , and have very little GBP left over step 2: just get uk sim done. see below (google uk solutions or this message will be blocked )
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation