Temporary suspension fee

I'm a Participant Level 1 pinko
I'm a Participant Level 1

Temporary suspension fee

Hello, 

I called and asked about temporary suspension of my account.  I've done this a few times before and it's always been $7 per month.  The Fido rep told me it now has changed to $30 per month.  Can you confirm this.  

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Temporary suspension fee

Hey everyone, 

We have some great news, the temporary suspension is now $7/month and can be added for 2-12 months if not on agreement.

Cheers!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 14

Hey @GGAZ

Thanks for your response.Our apologies for the way our last message came accross, that's definitely not how we want you to feel. 

I wish there was another answer to give you as to why the suspension was increased however there isn't at this time, as FidoClaudia mentioned we review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing investments in our network and our service and this time around the suspension was increased. 

As for prepaid services, it's a great alternative. Here's how it works: 

-We migrate your services to a Prepaid account, which means you would have a different account number.

-There's a $10 migration fee for this transaction.

-Once your line is transferred, you have 30 days to refill your account or your number will be lost. 

-You need to refill at least once every 6 months to ensure your number gets saved.

- Unlike the suspension , migrating to prepaid does not allow you to keep your monthly plan , once you migrate back to pospaid you will need to select a new in-market plan.

-The lowest plan is currently $10.75. Also , just to clarify, this plan does not have to be paid every month, just once every 6 months to guarantee your number remains active but that also means you won't have service. You can find out more about prepaid right here

Let us know if you have any other questions about prepaid services!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 14
Solution

Hey everyone, 

We have some great news, the temporary suspension is now $7/month and can be added for 2-12 months if not on agreement.

Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 14
I'm a Participant Level 1 RD6
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi FidoClaudia,

Is the Temporary suspension fee back to $7 ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 14
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

@RD6, yes the fee is back to $7.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 14