Temporary suspension fee

I'm a Participant Level 1 pinko
I'm a Participant Level 1

Temporary suspension fee

Hello, 

I called and asked about temporary suspension of my account.  I've done this a few times before and it's always been $7 per month.  The Fido rep told me it now has changed to $30 per month.  Can you confirm this.  

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: Temporary suspension fee

Hello @pinko

We can confirm, the temporary suspension fee indeed changed to $30 per month to keep your plan and phone number for periods ranging from 2 to 12 months.

You can contact us here to have it applied on your account. Smiley 

Hope this answers your question. 

Cheers! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 10
Solution

Hello @pinko

We can confirm, the temporary suspension fee indeed changed to $30 per month to keep your plan and phone number for periods ranging from 2 to 12 months.

You can contact us here to have it applied on your account. Smiley 

Hope this answers your question. 

Cheers! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 1 RWHammond
I'm a Participant Level 1

Ok good to know, I'll cancel my month to month account and in the spring see who has the best deals. I dont need the same number.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 10
I'm a Participant Level 2 GGAZ
I'm a Participant Level 2

Changing the Temporary suspension fee from $7 to $30 is an increase of over 300%. Why has FIDO done this?  I will await your reply before I comment.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 10

Hey @GGAZ,

Welcome to our Community!

We know how important it is to offer the best services to our customers at the lowest prices possible. We attempt to limit changes to pricing as much as we can – the previous price of $7/mo. had remained consistent for more than 5 years, however, to ensure we can continue to deliver the best possible experience to our customers, from time to time we review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing investments in our network and our service.

The temporary suspension remains a very convenient option, which allows you to pause your plan and save money while out of the country.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 10

Claudia, 

You just gave me a scripted answer from FIDO about "ensuring we can continue to deliver the best possible experience to our customers, from time to time we review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing investments in our network and our service."  It means absolutely nothing. It's just bafflegab.  And just how exactly does going from $7 a month to $30 a month "save (me) money while out of the country."?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 10

Hey @GGAZ, depending on the plan you might have, applying the temporary suspension could save you a great amount of money, if you happen to be going out of the country for a period of time. 

We know change is difficult but we always have our customer's in mind when making changes and decisions. 

Let us know if there is anything else that the community can help with!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 10

Daniella,

Thank you for the reply.

The temporary suspension fee does not save us money.  In fact, just for the "privilege" of keeping our plan and numbers it will mean that we are paying $457.60 more than we would have last year for no actual service for the time we are stateside.  Explain to me how this is FIDO improving service (and please don't give me some scripted line from FIDO).  And with all due respect, saying to me, "We know change is difficult but we always have our customers in mind when making changes and decisions," is extremely patronizing. FIDO certainly does not have these customers in mind with this policy.

I await your reply.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 10

Hey @GGAZ,

I can understand how the change can be perceived as an inconvenience, I can assure you that this is not our intention. We do provide you with a wide selection of options that can help you minimize the cost of your services while you are away.

You can certainly opt to convert your account to the prepaid service for the time that you are gone which would help keep the cost down. Please keep in mind however that proceeding with that option strips you of your seniority perks that you may have acquired over time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 10

FIDO,

Once again you have not completely answered my concern.  No one has told me why there is such a large increase in the Temporary Suspension Fee.  FidoRuth writes, "I can understand how the change can be perceived as an inconvenience...".  As happened in a previous FIDO response, this is another patronizing comment.  This is not a "perceived" inconvenience.  An increase of 300+% from last year is a real inconvenience.  What FIDO has done is taken two customers satisfied with their plan and made them into customers who will likely cancel their service and find a different provider next Spring.  We just cancelled our landline and we were planning on keeping this FIDO plan but now FIDO will be losing what would have been two-long term customers.

At least FidoRuth suggested prepaid service as an alternative. It would have been nice if you had been specific on how that would work and what it would cost.

I await your reply.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 10