Telemarketing call?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Telemarketing call?

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

Accepted Solution

Re: Telemarketing call?

Hey @A_Tang

Welcome to the Community! 

That number is our telemarketing team! Once you answer the call, you are redirected to a live rep!

If it triggers your voicemail, the automated system will kick-in and you might hear an incomplete message. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 58
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @Joyfulrebellion

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to get in touch with the team. I'm sending you PM in just a bit to take a closer look at this. 

Talk soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 58
Highlighted

Hi Fido - same thing for me.  I'm getting these calls daily and once I pick up, the call drops.

Thanks,

D

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 58
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dangny

This doesn't sound right. It shouldn't be happening on the daily! 

To review this, you can contact us through one of our customer service channels here or alternatively we can send you a PM through the Community.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 58
Highlighted

I get a call twice then answer the phone without saying anything.

It hangs up on me.

I rather have the other line say things first rather me saying it.

There are too many scam calls out there

Why not just send e-mai?

I use to be a Fido user but they didn't give me what I wanted so I switched...   Why you folks don't give things to loyal customers first before they switched?   

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 58
Highlighted

Hi @hausau

It's obviously not the experience we want you to have and we're sorry to read that you left us. 

Some offers are made exclusively on the phone and others are made by email depending on the campaign. We do invite you to say "hi" when call though! Smiley 

Thank you for your feedback, don't hesitate to reach out to us here if you'd like to review your options with us. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 58
Highlighted

4 years since when this was first posted... I am not the original poster but I get calls from this number all the time.

They just called, and I answered thinking it was someone else. They said hello after I answered, and then they hung up. They weren't transferring me, it was a hang up. 

You should probably check your system or your callers... also maybe stop bothing people during a pandemic but hey. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 58
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido telemarketing Spam

Fido keeps calling at 844-277-6920, then hangs up without saying anything. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 58
Highlighted

Re: Fido telemarketing Spam

Hello @asfa

I can definitely understand how that can be annoying. Unless it has been spoofed, I can confirm that this number is safe and indeed from us. 

If you want, we can remove your number from our calling list (Internal Do Not Call List). To do so, we invite you to contact us

You can learn more about spoofing here

Hope this helps and thank you for your feedback on the matter! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 58