Telemarketing call?

I'm a Participant Level 1 kimberlyhou
I'm a Participant Level 1

Telemarketing call?

Hi,

I've been receiving calls daily from the same number 1-844-277-6920. Sometimes 2-3 times a day for a week straight! When I answer, the caller hangs up. When I don't answer they leave voicemail where someone says hello? Then hangs up after. I have seen some posts saying this number is a scam pretending to be "Fido"? Is it Fido? How do I get it to stop?

Accepted Solution

Re: Telemarketing call?

Hey @A_Tang

Welcome to the Community! 

That number is our telemarketing team! Once you answer the call, you are redirected to a live rep!

If it triggers your voicemail, the automated system will kick-in and you might hear an incomplete message. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 53
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @kimberlyhou! Smiley

The number is indeed from us. It's odd the call disconnects afterwards however. If it happens again, let us know so we can send you a PM and see what's going on.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 53
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 A_Tang

This is happening to me too. They either leave a "hello" voice message or leave no voice message at all.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 53
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @A_Tang

That number is our telemarketing team! Once you answer the call, you are redirected to a live rep!

If it triggers your voicemail, the automated system will kick-in and you might hear an incomplete message. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 53
I'm a Contributor Level 1 wgm777
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My son has been getting these calls several times a week on his prepaid Fido cell. If he answers, is he charged for the incoming voice minutes?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 53
MVP
MVP

@wgm777 wrote:

My son has been getting these calls several times a week on his prepaid Fido cell. If he answers, is he charged for the incoming voice minutes?

Hello Wgm777,

Yes, the calls will likely count as airtime for both prepaid and postpaid customers, if answered. In addition, listening to any voicemail messages left will also count as airtime for both.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 robz1

How do I get FIDO telemarketing to STOP calling me?   Or to get airtime credit for them wasting both my time and my air time?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 53

Hey robz1!

We can definitely remove you from our marketing list. This is something that needs to be taken care of through customer service. 

There are lot of ways to get in touch with customer service. Check them out here

Or, if you would prefer we send you a PM here, let us know and we'll shoot one over your way. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 53
I'm a Participant Level 1 zhangchq

I've received a couple of calls from this number within a week. It is really anoying.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 53

Hey @zhangchq!

The number is from our outbound team Smiley Have you had a chance to answer the call to see what exactly they were calling for?

Let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 53