cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from yearly prepaid to monthly plan with 7 months left on the prepaid plan

Slatefire
I'm a participant level 2

Since I paid for an entire year of service but switched to a new plan before the year was finished, is it possible to get the rest of the money for the prepaid plan refunded? I don't think it would make sense to have had to pay $100 for only five out of the twelve months and get nothing back if I'm no longer on that plan.

** Edited to add labels **

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Slatefire welcome to the community!

When switching from prepaid to a post paid plan the balance from your prepaid plan will transfer over to your new monthly plan and will be applied to your wireless services.

The balance can not be used to purchase devices it can only be used for your wireless services because the balance was used to pay for airtime services on the prepaid plan. Prepaid airtime can not be refunded see here.

Slatefire

So will I at some point in the next few days see money added to my account balance? Or is there some other way to know that the money already spent on a prepaid plan was used for a postpaid plan? Currently my account balance is what was leftover from a voucher I used to switch my plan initially.

@Slatefire whatever balance if any was remaining will be transferred to your monthly plan automatically after 7 days of the transfer. 

Edit: If any balance gets transferred you will see a credit on the account, if the money got spent on the monthly plan it will be reflected on your invoice.