Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending phone number

utkarsh0612
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey,

I would like to suspend my phone number for a couple of months if possible. I have a few queries regarding that.

1. Will I be able to get my phone number back after suspending it or will it terminate my services?
  2. How much will be the suspension, enabling, and monthly charge to do so?
  3. Are there any other charges that will be incurred upon me? 
1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Utkarsh0612,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for eligible lines (see here). Since the line is suspended and not cancelled, you will be able to get your phone number and current plan once the temporary suspension has ended. As far as I am aware, the cost of the suspension is $7 per month. Could a moderator please verify the cost for the suspension is still the same?

Are you currently under contract? If so, do you have an older subsidised plan or one of the newer financed payment plans? Unfortunately, subsidised plans are not eligible for the temporary suspension as the cost of phones is incorporated into the plan cost. If you have a financed plan, you should note that the temporary suspension only applies to your services. You would still need to pay the monthly costs for financing the device.

If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers