Sudden MMS loss

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Sudden MMS loss

Hi,

My MMS started giving me an error that I can't download MMS, to check my settings etc. I'm unable to send or recieve MMS, SMS is fine. Was working 48 hours ago.

Thing's I've tried;

Reset APN to default - didn't work

Went into APN/Edit Access Point and tried to change things, but all of the options are locked/greyed out

Went to Fido site to find settings and manually make a new setup via Add APN, filled it all out, but it doesn't appear as an option to select after I save the profile. ( Fido page hasn't been updated since 2016, my settings match except for MMS Proxy, the Fido page suggests an IP address, my phone has mmsproxy.fido.ca. A newer page from this year had a bunch of different settings; https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/fido/lg-g5-se   But again, these are greyed out and I can't change any fields AND it worked with the original settings 2 days ago.)

Changed apps ( from Textra to built in Message app, ) didn't help

Tunrned off Wifi, just used data, got the same error that the message failed.

I'm using an LG G5, Android ver 7.0, last updated March 2018

Only thing I can think of is, last friday I signed up to change plans and update. i was told the change wouldn't come into effect till my next billing cycle start, and I checked my Fido account page and I'm still on the old one as far as the website is concerned, but that's the only thing that's potentially changed that I know of. Plus, I've changed plans before without any interruption...

Any ideas? Thanks!
-jga

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 15
Highlighted

Re: Sudden MMS loss

Hi,

So I did not try the last couple suggestions, as, for some reason, MMS is working again on my old, default settings...sort of. ( So something changed on the Fido end. ) I can send and receive via MMS, but some things take 12 hours to appear. So it works, but very slowly and inconsistently.

Should I still perform the Network ettings Reset? Will it keep all of my WiFI passwords etc, or does it wipe everything?

Thanks,

-jga

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Yes by resetting the Network Setting, it'll remove all the passwords and will bring the phone to his default settings. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JonGeorgeA!

It's been a while and we haven't heard back from you.

Is everything working as it should now?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 15
Highlighted

Hello,

There's still some delay with some messages, it's pretty inconsistent. But overall it's much better, I'm fine with how it's working now.

Thanks for following up,and thanks for your help!

-jga

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm happy to hear that it's working! 

Thanks for updating us! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 15