Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden MMS loss

JonGeorgeA
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

My MMS started giving me an error that I can't download MMS, to check my settings etc. I'm unable to send or recieve MMS, SMS is fine. Was working 48 hours ago.

Thing's I've tried;

Reset APN to default - didn't work

Went into APN/Edit Access Point and tried to change things, but all of the options are locked/greyed out

Went to Fido site to find settings and manually make a new setup via Add APN, filled it all out, but it doesn't appear as an option to select after I save the profile. ( Fido page hasn't been updated since 2016, my settings match except for MMS Proxy, the Fido page suggests an IP address, my phone has mmsproxy.fido.ca. A newer page from this year had a bunch of different settings; https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/fido/lg-g5-se   But again, these are greyed out and I can't change any fields AND it worked with the original settings 2 days ago.)

Changed apps ( from Textra to built in Message app, ) didn't help

Tunrned off Wifi, just used data, got the same error that the message failed.

I'm using an LG G5, Android ver 7.0, last updated March 2018

Only thing I can think of is, last friday I signed up to change plans and update. i was told the change wouldn't come into effect till my next billing cycle start, and I checked my Fido account page and I'm still on the old one as far as the website is concerned, but that's the only thing that's potentially changed that I know of. Plus, I've changed plans before without any interruption...

Any ideas? Thanks!
-jga

14 REPLIES 14