Setup service fee

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 elvindenyarov
I'm a Participant Level 2

Setup service fee

Hi

In the beginning of the i got 55 cad plan (for me and wife), and today i received the monthly bill, which surprised me quite a lot. 

Everything was alright until i noticed 35 cad (70 in total) for setup fee, which was not mentioned by your sales persons at all, they just did not mentioned it. I asked several times about the monthly billing however their answer was only the package payment. 

This is unehtical and not acxeptable. They tried to hide it to sell it, since we were newcomers and did not have any detailed idea of the system, they benefitted from it. 

I demand deductions and correction to.the billing, which was not completly explained in the first place

Accepted Solution

Re: Setup service fee

Hey there @elvindenyarov

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear what happened, and we'd be happy to go over the situation with you. The $35 service fee is actually always billed when completing an upgrade or a new activation. You can however avoid it by choosing to complete your transaction using the self-serve options on Fido.ca

To take a closer look at your account, you can reach out to us at these channels to get started.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Solution

Hey there @elvindenyarov

Welcome to the community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear what happened, and we'd be happy to go over the situation with you. The $35 service fee is actually always billed when completing an upgrade or a new activation. You can however avoid it by choosing to complete your transaction using the self-serve options on Fido.ca

To take a closer look at your account, you can reach out to us at these channels to get started.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

@FidoSaad  thanks for reply,

I think i may need to strees the problem point again, i am having trouble to accept the behaviour of the sellers to NEVER mention the service fee during the registration and then BOOM  surprise (extra 70 Cad bill to me). I am quite good with the tech and would be willing to complete the process by myself easily (they have not done anything that is worth 35 CAD). 

Which is why i demand an action from Fido side, and let you guys make your employees not to take advantage of newcomers. Obviously from the forum i see i am not the first one to bring the issue up.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Hey @elvindenyarov

Did you activate your services in store or over the phone? If you activated in store, the transaction fee is mentioned on the documentation you receive and need to sign there. As Saad mentioned, you can always contact us using any of the options you'll find here if you want further clarifications.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Elvindenyarov,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you were not aware of the set-up service fee.

@elvindenyarov wrote: ...I asked several times about the monthly billing however their answer was only the package payment...

I understand you asked about the monthly billing. It's possible the customer representative didn't mention the set-up fee when you asked because it isn't a recurring monthly charge. Obviously, I wasn't a part of your conversation with the representative. They should have mentioned it if you asked whether there were any additional charges. That said, as noted by FidoJulien, it would have been noted on the contract you signed.

I understand you might be quite technically proficient, however, the charge is for the customer service representative setting up your account. The only way to forgo the charge is to set everything up on Fido.ca.

@elvindenyarov wrote:..Obviously from the forum i see i am not the first one to bring the issue up.

There are other threads regarding the set-up fee, however, many of them refer to a slightly different issue. Occasionally, there are promotions offered to waive the set-up fee. The fee is usually credited to customers' accounts within a couple of billing cycles. Many of those threads refer to that particular promotion. Unfortunately, promotions change quite often and some may even be store specific.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Thank you guys for your interest in the issue. 

Since i didnt get the paper version of the agreements i could not see the details in store. They sent it to email which at that time did not had line and internet to check. 

Anyways, long story short, I just got a call from the store manager, and had a pleasant talk with him. He also restated that all aspects (addons and etc.) of the deal had to be mentioned in the place before the agreement finalized. He also said that he will be recouching the team members for better customer satisfaction. 

Finally, we agreed on the point that store will help with the service fee charge over their credits. 

Thanks again

Have a good day. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6